POTUS Impeachment Trials

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Since most political discussions go south in a hurry due to people hurling insults at each other, I agree that SS is a forum of polite people who can have discussions with out it becoming a brawl. If all we ever talk to is people who agree with us, how are we ever going to reach out to others? A very narrow mind is sad. We can be different in religious and political beliefs and still love one another.

I still want term limits on the people who are elected to office.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Since most political discussions go south in a hurry due to people hurling insults at each other, I agree that SS is a forum of polite people who can have discussions with out it becoming a brawl. If all we ever talk to is people who agree with us, how are we ever going to reach out to others? A very narrow mind is sad. We can be different in religious and political beliefs and still love one another.

I still want term limits on the people who are elected to office.

100% behind life time term limits for congress (both house and senate) two lifetime terms is my vote.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I'm a registered independent and have voted Democrat and Republican, I'm not aligned to a single party at all. I can't ever remember voting "conscience" because "all are flawed".

Locally I vote for who I know, example a friend of mine is running for county coroner. I know he is qualified he's been a police officer and is currently a surgeon. It doesn't matter which party he runs under, he has my vote.

At the state and presidential level, I vote for who has the best deal for the state or country. Personality, means very little to me. Like I said "all are flawed", nobody is perfect. I don't expect perfection from anyone. Yes I have voted for people who have rubbed me and my believes the wrong way, because they promised a better deal.

Sometimes it boils down to the lessor of two evils for me. But I always vote, it's just one thing that makes America the greatest country on earth. We the people get to regularly choose who we want to represent us. If you don't vote your missing out on a great freedom of choice.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well we are coming up on two weeks now, I still have not seen or read of anything that I think would qualify as an impeachable offense. As a matter of fact I've seen just the opposite. And when I did try and watch it on TV, I feel asleep, its nothing but a snooze feast, waste of my tax payer dollars.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't think the Dem's really think they can impeach him. They are trying to make him look as bad as possible before the next election. I am not sure they have anyone who is able to win over Trump at this time.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sometimes it boils down to the lessor of two evils for me. But I always vote, it's just one thing that makes America the greatest country on earth. We the people get to regularly choose who we want to represent us. If you don't vote your missing out on a great freedom of choice.

The way I look at it: If I don't vote, I loose my right to complain! And often, IMO it is a choice between the "lesser of 2 evils". But, if I don't vote, it just might mean that the "worse of the 2 evils" gets into office.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would laugh at these posts, but they are way too true, and THAT just makes me angry at the corruption that makes elected officials wealthy. Liars and thieves.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do not think it is respectful to lump all members of a party together - I read several statements about “the Democrats” this or that. I have left two other websites because of the negativity and assumptions, especially about people who do not support President Trump. Why stir this up? Isn’t a focus on self-sufficiency enough?

I am sorry that this offended you. Negative things were said about the President also. This is a discussion, no disrespect intended. I don't care if you support the President or not, it matter not to me. I don't care who you vote for. I do care that this bothers you, if I said or did anything that offended you, please accept my apology.