power company has me in tears -- up date we saved the orchard!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What about putting some of your veggie garden under where the lines will be run. That area has to be cleared anyway so it kind of kills 2 birds with one stone.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Sounds like you might get some firewood out of this too.
lol yea add it too the rest from all the rest of the clearing. Where we are was until last fall a completely wooded but roughly timbered 19 acres. So we have been cutting up downed tree tops and stumps as well as clearing for things like the sand mound, driveway , orchard ect. Basically if we run out of firewood for anything in the next year something went horribly wrong lol. ;)

Aidenbaby- yea this is what I am kinda thinking. But when I said something to the power guy about it it was oh well you can't do that we have to be able to maintain under the lines. Well he has a surprise coming because once I am sure all the construction crews ect our out of there and done you can bet your bottom that is where my garden is going :thumbsup

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I simply cannot imagine not being able to live in a place without hooking up power. I mean, yeah an appartment, I can see, but on your own land!! What!?!
I'm so very glad that your situation is working out. Dealing with beauracracy is simply for the birds.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I definately do not want to move there! Why in the world would they make you be connected to the grid _ I mean other than making sure they know who and where you are?

OH SORRY OLD THREAD