Preparedness for SHTF or Mutant Zombie Biker Invasion .. Ready?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tony wants a Judge so bad
been talking about getting one for months now

I am sure he will end up with one lol

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
All I have is a wooden bat with horse shoes nailed onto it. :/
About 1980 I was pulled over for speeding in Omaha, had a 22 and 30-30 rifle uncased behind the seat with shells in the glove box. The deputy asked if I had any weapons and of course told him, he then put them in his trunk for safe keeping, at the same time he saw a baseball bat behind the seat along with a 2 foot pipe on the floor tucked next to the shifter - he took those too.

He called everything in then wrote me a ticket, he handed back the 2 rifles but not the pipe or bat saying they were deadly weapons or something like that, I did not complain and went on my merry way as I was heading for Colorado Springs. Funny thing was we had a big cooler of 40 ounce Schlitz malt liquor in the bed of the truck, it was a new size and he never saw a big brown bottle such as that.

The labels fell off in the ice bath, he took one out opened it to smell and asked what the heck it was - when I told him he just countered "that's just great more drunks with less bottles" He also said don't come back this way when heading back to Wisconsin.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:gig Good one

I kept that bat around me at all times at my Houston urban horse stables in case I came across an uninvited (fill in the blank) hiding out in my stalls when I was all alone. "Wow, Mr Officer, it looks like my horse just kicked him all about the head...wow, that sucks for him."

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Tony wants a Judge so bad
been talking about getting one for months now

I am sure he will end up with one lol
I saw one used in the movie Max Paine.. Totally what I want...

.410 pistol loaded with buckshot... :)

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well SHTF for us last Nov when DH got laid off.

It is Aug now and he is working - not the same job but sort of.

He got a severance package :thumbsup but we still have not touched it.

We were fully stocked food wise and pared everything else down. This year though our garden really bit the big one - we were trying to avoid pesticides and herbicides etc but we lost a huge percentage of our crops to a variety of blights and bites! I got no peas or beans, whatsoever. This was without a doubt my worst ever tomato year. :hit

A bunch of my corn got eaten by bugs and coons. Coons took 12 of my food chickens. :somad My pumpkins got downy mildew which I am battling organically and hoping still to get some. Only got to eat two watermelon off of my vine - the others were hollowed out from the bottom!

But, we learned alot about our preps and now that DH is working again (sort of - it is not secure) our biggest concerns remain medication and things like contact lenses. Obviously I can go to glasses, but I do not see well at all in glasses alone.

Other question maybe you guys might have an answer to is a water well pump. I have looked at the Lehman's pumps and most of the hand pumps don't work deep enough for our well. I want to dig another well in a location that is not as convenient to the house but would be shallower. Township won't let us dig it now, but after SHTF and I can bypass them I won't be able to dig it!!! :rant

I am grateful that DH and I are on the same page on this and were prepped as well as we were. I am really grateful that we were not totally dependent on our garden for food or we'd be mighty hungry and living on grape jam! (grapes did great!) Hoping DH gets a better more stable job soon then we're taking that severance package and spending 90% on preps.

Best prep of all that we had done in THIS SHTF scenario (this does not count for mutant zombie flesh eating bikers but does help against mutant zombie cash eating bankers!) was having one year's worth of mortgage payments set aside that could not be used to pay for anything but the mortgage. We're at ten months now and some of DHS former co-workers are well into foreclosure.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
On Our own said:
Other question maybe you guys might have an answer to is a water well pump. I have looked at the Lehman's pumps and most of the hand pumps don't work deep enough for our well. I want to dig another well in a location that is not as convenient to the house but would be shallower. Township won't let us dig it now, but after SHTF and I can bypass them I won't be able to dig it!!! :rant
Have you looked at Bison Pumps ? I believe that their deep water pump, will pump from a static level of around 200 ft. That's about the deepest hand pump that I have run across so far.

Latest posts