President Trump speaks on prayer in public schools

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, like I said before - he's a jerk. You know what @CrealCritter? You're right that none of us are perfect. I'm not and you're not....but I know by the things that you post here that you are a good person. Trump is not. I don't think "moral" and Trump belong in the same sentence. I'm never going to like him and no one is ever going to convince me to, lol.

I don't give a rat's patootey about his politics. I do give a rat's patootey that the person representing our country be a decent human being. I saw him make fun of a disabled reporter...I heard him say that John McCain was not a hero because he was captured. This by a man who dodged his service to this country. I've heard the horrid things he's said about women, the name-calling like a spoiled child. To hear people defend him mystifies me beyond anything that I will ever understand.

True he is not our only immoral president. It's happened before and in at least one other instance the man was impeached for it. Has our country deteriorated to the point that we need someone like this to represent us?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, like I said before - he's a jerk. You know what @CrealCritter? You're right that none of us are perfect. I'm not and you're not....but I know by the things that you post here that you are a good person. Trump is not. I don't think "moral" and Trump belong in the same sentence. I'm never going to like him and no one is ever going to convince me to, lol.

I don't give a rat's patootey about his politics. I do give a rat's patootey that the person representing our country be a decent human being. I saw him make fun of a disabled reporter...I heard him say that John McCain was not a hero because he was captured. This by a man who dodged his service to this country. I've heard the horrid things he's said about women, the name-calling like a spoiled child. To hear people defend him mystifies me beyond anything that I will ever understand.

True he is not our only immoral president. It's happened before and in at least one other instance the man was impeached for it. Has our country deteriorated to the point that we need someone like this to represent us?

All I can say is Thank God I am not perfect. I try and do what's right, but fail most of the time.

To >> me << our current POTUS is doing a great job for our country, he done what he said he was going to do and a lot more. He seems to have common sense, which is totally refreshing after 8 years of oboma/biden. But we can agree to disagree, if that's ok with you?

I jokingly say a lot that - I've been married to the same woman for 35,000 years and we successfully raised 11 children, 6 boys and 5 girls. So trust me when I say, there is nothing you can do or say to me to offend me, I've been called it, have heard it and have had to deal with it before. Although this is not really a joke, it's the truth, besides the 35,000 years. So by my "husband/dad training" I tend to overlook and can effectively deal well with people faults'. I'm much more focused on accomplishments and commitments but not so much on feelings. The same applies to Mr Donald John Trump our current POTUS, as it does for everyone else.

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I respect your opinion, @frustratedearthmother May not agree with it :) but I do respect it.

I was actually a registered Dem and switched parties in 2000 so I could specifically vote against McCain in the primary. Trump's criticism was poorly worded...it did echo the feelings many of us had concerning McCain's opportunism. Remember the media was brutal to McCain during his run against Obama. Then championed him when he sabotaged the attempt to end Obamacare and opposed Trump.

Part of the previously impeached POTUS was not that he was at the least a hound dog, at the worst something he could have gone to jail for PRIOR to taking office. He lied under oath as to what happened in the oval office.

I see a few new candidates being touted for Congress who appear to be honest vets. I hope they are genuine, win, and resist the temptation in DC.

I asked a friend who was adamant about marriage vows in the 90's. Yet she supported BC. I asked her how. Same reasons we see here for the current president. He gets things done.

We live in a great, yet bewildering nation. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. :D

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
To put it simply - I have been voting for the lesser of the 2 Evils on the ballet for a long time now. I don't see that the next election is going to be any better.

the people I would like to see as President - are too smart to want the job.

Latest posts