Propane people....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what's your current price?

I called and we are $3.29/lb right now....ugh....but I am happy cause my 100 lb. tank is full to capacity right now..lol

just curious what other prices are in other locations.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
what's your current price?

I called and we are $3.29/lb right now....ugh....but I am happy cause my 100 lb. tank is full to capacity right now..lol

just curious what other prices are in other locations.
You meant to write $3.29/gallonright? Yes it is sold by weight in tanks that can easily be moved and weighed but by the gallon when dealing in bulk. Residental Propane was at $3.057 on 10/19 (Average NC retail price) the new price is due to be released today 10/26. You can learn more than you ever wanted to know about heating oil or Propane prices at the following link http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_wfr_dcus_SNC_w.htm ~gd

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
They filled one of my 500 gallon tanks 3 weeks ago, and it was 1.99 per gallon. My other 500 gallon is a back up for the generator. Thank goodness it is still full!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea - I had lbs on my mind cause of the tank lol

edited to say I don't know for sure but since I only have the 100lb tank I guess anyone with those bigger tanks gets a lower rate?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When I fill my small tanks, 5 and 7 gallons for the trailer etc it's 4 bucks a gallon. Has been for about the last year. I don't have a big tank but I am sure it runs a bit less. My sil does I should ask her.

g

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I think we're paying about $3.35 a gallon here...had to calculate because ours is measured in litres...and our gallon is bigger than US gallon. In the last couple of days we have put in a propane boiler, on demand hot water, and infloor water glycol heating in the house, so our hydro bill should decrease bigtime. The guy who put the propane system in says it is going to save us alot of money. We will soon see:) I have to say though, the house sure is alot warmer and comfortable now that we have warm feet!

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I called one place (though there are a dozen around here) earlier this week, and it was $1.87 per gallon, including tax. No charge for delivery over 100 gallons, which I thought was cool. :cool:

Tab003

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I locked in 2.19 for the winter season.