Properties in Ireland are getting cheaper and cheaper…

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would, but I don't know how that works with -passports, work visa(?), required employment (?)...all of those details. Some places requires a person to show they have so much $$ to their names.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would, but I don't know how that works with -passports, work visa(?), required employment (?)...all of those details. Some places requires a person to show they have so much $$ to their names.

Do 6 big jars of change count? :lol: I could take a picture! :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Much of the properties here are foreign owned. I don't think they have many requirements.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
How easy is it to become a citizen of Ireland?
It depends on a lot of things. We have what is called "stamps" for different emigration and residence statuses. For example I'm here on a stamp 4 (married to a EU citizen). I stay for 5 years and then apply for citizenship. Another way to stay is by means (enough money to support yourself), but a lady that does that told me 3 years ago they changed it, so she can't ever get citizenship that way, she needs to keep renewing her permission to remain every year. Skilled workers is a good way to get in. If you have sought after skills and the list is a mile long. You can get a work visa on that... A lot of people are coming in as refugees now as well and good grief, they let everything in! (Crime rates went up as a result :\)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I think it will stay reasonable. There are loads of houses for sale and the ones that need work lose to the ready-to-move-into ones, which are also very affordable.