Properties in Ireland are getting cheaper and cheaper…

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
How easy is it to become a citizen of Ireland?
It depends on a lot of things. We have what is called "stamps" for different emigration and residence statuses. For example I'm here on a stamp 4 (married to a EU citizen). I stay for 5 years and then apply for citizenship. Another way to stay is by means (enough money to support yourself), but a lady that does that told me 3 years ago they changed it, so she can't ever get citizenship that way, she needs to keep renewing her permission to remain every year. Skilled workers is a good way to get in. If you have sought after skills and the list is a mile long. You can get a work visa on that... A lot of people are coming in as refugees now as well and good grief, they let everything in! (Crime rates went up as a result :\)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I think it will stay reasonable. There are loads of houses for sale and the ones that need work lose to the ready-to-move-into ones, which are also very affordable.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I could be happy with the one you guys are talking about the floors! Only noticed ONE bathroom mentioned...??? With all those bedrooms?

FEM -- you and I need more than 4 acres for all the goats! :lol:

But I could be very happy there.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hm the link doesn't work for me. But that's amazing, though I wouldn't want to live on that island!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score

Latest posts