Psoriasis

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a friend who has Psoriasis that the doctor's think may either have been caused by one of her meds or the meds may have aggravated it. They have taken her off the meds and put her on a bunch of nasty creams and oils that are suppose to help. It's been a month and they are not helping. We are looking for something more natural to try. Anyone have any suggestions?

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
My best friend had large irregular red patches on her legs. She said sun bathing worked and in winter used a tanning bed. She did look better. I thought she called it psoriasis, not sure.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would stop using store-bought soaps, as these are drying (no matter what the label says!) and use homemade. The soap I've made with 80% olive oil leaves my skin super super soft. But I don't have any conditions, either. Hope someone else knows!

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sun bathing is helpful. Other than that....not much helps. Hubby has it.

melpisces

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Sun definatly helps.
Here in Australia there is a product called 'MooGoo'.
Basically it is based on the creams dairy farmers use on the cows udders - they have made it more user friendly and less greasy. No nasty ingredients. I have psoriasis and use their 'udder cream' on my face. My partner has a patch of rash on his legs and uses their specific psoriasis and excema cream on that. Both have been great.
Check out their website www.moogoo.com.au
(no - I don't work for them or anything, just love their stuff!!)
Regards,
Mel

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So it looks like sun and a good quality moisturizer. :) I will tell her.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
nutraMetrix makes a super-antioxidant mixture called nMx OPC-3 and taken in multiple doses per day will reduce or eliminate psoriasis and excema. Omega III's (start with 1000 mg combined EPA/DHA and increase to bowl tolerance and taken until symptoms subside, then reduced gradually back towards 1000 mg daily, until the perfect dose is found) and aloe juice (taken internally, 4 oz per day of 150% strength) also helps. I have seen people with bad cases for decades get relief within 3 months or so, usually some indication that it will work for them within two weeks. I have seen many cases go into complete remission.

I would be happy to connect anyone's doc with information. ;)

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
nutraMetrix makes a super-antioxidant mixture called nMx OPC-3 and taken in multiple doses per day will reduce or eliminate psoriasis and excema. Omega III's (start with 1000 mg combined EPA/DHA and increase to bowl tolerance and taken until symptoms subside, then reduced gradually back towards 1000 mg daily, until the perfect dose is found) and aloe juice (taken internally, 4 oz per day of 150% strength) also helps. I have seen people with bad cases for decades get relief within 3 months or so, usually some indication that it will work for them within two weeks. I have seen many cases go into complete remission.

I would be happy to connect anyone's doc with information. ;)
Is the nutraMetrix a perscription? Or something that can be gotten over the counter?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My husband got psoriasis from a med he took. I picked up a homeopathic cream at a health food store and applied it and it went away in a week!
Sorry I don't remember the name of it. Wish I did.

Those meds dink with your immune system, especially steroids. He got the psoriasis after they gave him a steroid shot. Now he is not permitted to go to the doctor alone anymore!