Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beautiful! Thank you for posting those! I especially like the colors in the 2nd pic.
I'm pretty new to quilting and have only completed a few. I machine quilt my own (nothing fancy), or hand tie them if I'm in a hurry to complete a project. If it's small enough, like as in a wall hanging, I hand quilt but don't have much patience for that, really. in fact, I have a few of those waiting for me to pick them up and place a few a stitches again.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow Punkin, those look fabulous! Really really impressive :thumbsup

I think I am ready to start some seeds myself. I may just do some containers this season because it is looking more and more like we will be moving.

I just love seeing those little bitty sprouts poke thru the soil....gives me such a charge on these dreary wintry days!

Edited to add.....nice to see you back :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Beautiful work! How much does your quilter charge to do a quilt?
I think she's very reasonable.

King 90x100 $49
Queen 82x96 $44
Full 72x90 $39
Twin 54x79 $34
Baby Top 36x45 $17
Med Top 45x50 $22
Large Top 45x60 $27

I only supply the top unless I want a particular backing. She supplies everything else and is included in those prices.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
Beautiful! Thank you for posting those! I especially like the colors in the 2nd pic.
I'm pretty new to quilting and have only completed a few. I machine quilt my own (nothing fancy), or hand tie them if I'm in a hurry to complete a project. If it's small enough, like as in a wall hanging, I hand quilt but don't have much patience for that, really. in fact, I have a few of those waiting for me to pick them up and place a few a stitches again.
The second picture is Civil War Homefront Layer Cake Collection by Moda. It is reproduction fabrics from the Civil War period. The fabric was a bit expensive, but you can feel the quality. Plus, I made it for my BIL. He is a Civil War buff.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Just BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!! :ep I wish I had that tallent. :/
Thank you justusnak. I really enjoy it. I don't think it's so much tallent as it is being able to follow directions. :rolleyes: The real tallent lies in those who do the beautiful hand quilting patterns with such neat stitches. I don't think I'll ever be patient enough to do that.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
punkin said:
The Vail Benton's said:
The second picture is Civil War Homefront Layer Cake Collection by Moda. It is reproduction fabrics from the Civil War period. The fabric was a bit expensive, but you can feel the quality. Plus, I made it for my BIL. He is a Civil War buff.
Awesome! No wonder I love it! I have a collection of 1800's reproduction yardage from Fons & Porter. Haven't decided what it's going to turn into yet, but I do very much like yours.
The prices you listed for quilting seem VERY reasonable to me - I was under the impression it would run much more than that and have hesitated to send any because of that. LOL I kind of just assumed that if I had to ask, I couldn't afford it! :gig I wonder if prices here are comparable.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
The prices you listed for quilting seem VERY reasonable to me - I was under the impression it would run much more than that and have hesitated to send any because of that. LOL I kind of just assumed that if I had to ask, I couldn't afford it! :gig I wonder if prices here are comparable.
What she said! :p

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
After what seems like weeks (really has been) since we have had a day with more than 6 hours of sun, I'm squinting my eyes when I look outside.

I have clothes on the line for the first time in almost a month. And, they are actually drying!

It's still quite chilly here, about 40. The night time temps are supposed to climb out of the 20s by tomorrow.

The 2nd week of Feb. usually marks the time when I really get things started in the greenhouse. I've put it off a couple of days due to the cold night temps. I've already started most of the peppers in the house, but had limited space.

I planted about 100 tomato seeds (different varietes) that will be sold in gallon containers. I also did 2 flats of cauliflower and 2 more of cabbage. The cabbages and brocolli I did last month are amost ready for separation and transplanting.

The 13 chickens are laying well and have been now for about 3 weeks. I'm averaging about 8-10 eggs per day. The 3 Ameraucanas and 2 Blue Andalusians are still very sporadic.

The extreme drought for this area has now disappeared due to an abundance of rain and snow. Our lake levels are now above normal. That's really good news for our summer tourism.

I hope everyone is well and gets a chance to see some of this sunshine soon . . .