Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
01. Name? Tammy
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Which one is in Florida?
04. What is your favorite color? warm fall colors
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? Sometimes it gives me a headache so I don't chew it much.
06. How much do you weigh? 130-135
07. How tall are you? 5'8"
08. Can you swim? Yes.
09. Do you like to swim? When the water's real warm.
10. Living arrangement?With a husband, 17 year old son, and 3 dogs in their 3 bedroom doghouse
11. What's on your mouse pad? I don't use one
12. Favorite board game? Scrabble, Sorry but my fam thinks it's lame
13. Favorite magazine? Backyard Poultry, Countryside, Taste of Home, Papercrafts
14. Favorite Actor? Guy that plays Alan on Boston Legal, Sean Connery, Mark Harmon, Hugh Laurie
15. Favorite Actress? I don't think I have any faves
16. Do you have an accent? Southern drawl
17. Favorite smells? Rain, baking bread, pumpkin pie, campfires
18. Least favorite smells? one of my dogs has THE worst doggie breath
19. Favorite sound? my husband has a great chuckle
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? I have a nice, clean pool (or at least it is when it's open)
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer?not really a fan
22. Pencil or pen? pen
23. Who's better - boys or girls? boys, but girls are smarter
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? No. DH nearly killed himself on one about 5 years ago
25. Do you sing in the shower? no
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Tigger
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?I gotta pee
28. How many rings before you answer the phone?Depends on what the caller ID says
29. How do you want to die?Be nice if I could just not wake up one morning in the far,far, future
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? No.
31. Gold or silver? Both.
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? Nope, I don't bounce like I used to
33. Do you like dressing up? Not in really girly stuff and definetely no high heels.
34. Would you rather be short or tall? I'm tall so that's good
35. Do you enjoy reading?Alot
36. What book are you reading now? John Grishms' The Appeal and Daily with the King
37. Favorite books? The DaVinci Code
38. What was the last movie you saw? Alvin & The Chipmonks, I know, lame again. We didn't even go with kids.
39. Favorite movies? Remember the Titans
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? Yea, three dogs
41. What is your sign? Aquarius
42. What are your personality traits? Not nearly as passive as I used to be.
43. What's your biggest fear? Being unable to take care of myself.
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? Sure, but not planning on it.
45. Future child's name? Got the one I wanted so I'm good there
46. Favorite foods? Fried potatoes, cucumbers, veggies & dip, cocoa roasted alomonds, cinnamon bread
47. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
48. Do you like to drive fast? No, but I can.
49. Storms - cool or scary? Scary if it's really windy
50. Do you like to dance? NO!!
51. Do you do drugs? No
52. Do you smoke? No
53. What do you think of people who smoke? not in my car or house
54. Do you drink? sometimes
55. Favorite drink? Homemade wine
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Sure.
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? they get saved for soup
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be?real farmer
59. What's your "type"? Me and my husband are a great fit, so he's my type
60. Do you bite your nails? No.
61. Any siblings? Yes, sister 12 years older
62. What movies have you cried in? The Incredible Journey, The Notebook
63. Do you believe in God? With Him all things are possible, so absolutely.
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? yes
65. Have you ever stolen anything? No, I don't think I ever have.
66. Do you procrastinate? No. My husband says I'm obsesive about completing projects. Drives him nuts.
67. Do you believe in fate?yes
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Ernie
69. Do you organize your CD's? no
70. What is your favorite kind of music? Country, Classic Rock, Southern Gospel
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Brooks & Dunn, Bob Seager, Randy Travis, Josh Turner, lots more
72. What was the last CD you got? Don't really remember
73. MTV or VH1? Nope
74. Who do you admire the most? You'll probably think I'm lame, but my husband is the best man I've ever met.
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? Counting ya'll?
76. Are you single? Married for 20 years in December
77. Favorite TV show? House, NCIS, Dirty, Sexy Money, Boston Legal, Lost, Eli Stone
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Redheads
79. Glasses or contacts? No
80. What color are your eyes? Dull grey
81. What is your natural hair color? Dark blond
82. But what color is it now? Dark ash blond by.
Loreal because I'm worth it83. Have you ever been in love? Yes.
84. Any pets? Yes.
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? OK, but cotuld have been better
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Running over to the floor
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? iejgkgjkakjgkauikavn
88. What's under your bed? Dust bunnies made of dog hair
89. What is your favorite number? 3
90. Favorite sport to watch? I really like football.

OK, so much for the list.

I live right across the road from where I grew up. We live on 7 acres, but would like to own more someday. My dad, who is 83 still lives across the road and comes to supper 3-4 times a week. I lost my mom to lymphoma(sp) almost 12 years ago. We have a 17 year old son who, tonight, is gone to celebrate one of his best friends mom's birthday. He has really great friends.

My interests include my greenhouse, gardening, papercrafts, phototography, reading and self sufficiency. It's great that my DH and I are on the same page on the SS thing. I hate to sew, clean house and iron.

I have been a SAHM for about 12 years now. My DH owns his (our) own business so his time is pretty flexible, too. He is a contract logger, wood chip unloader for a local paper company. Sorry, tree huggers.

If you're falling asleep by now, it's OK. I'm getting tired, too. I'll post more tomorrow and that's a threat!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hah! Still wide awake so there!:p
I love Sean Connery too, young or old, it doesn't matter, mmmmm!
Sorry isn't lame at all. Lame is me trying to play Scrabble! I stink at it!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Yep, I am wide awake too. And if you notice all the editing I have to do to my post you can pretty much figure Scrabble is out of the question for me. Unless of course I am able to actually make you believe that of course that is the way "zylafone" is spelled and it is too a word.

I think it is great that you live across from your dad. It sure makes it nice to be that close so you can keep an eye on things.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
2dream said:
Yep, I am wide awake too. And if you notice all the editing I have to do to my post you can pretty much figure Scrabble is out of the question for me. Unless of course I am able to actually make you believe that of course that is the way "zylafone" is spelled and it is too a word.

I think it is great that you live across from your dad. It sure makes it nice to be that close so you can keep an eye on things.
My parents moved within 8 miles of us 6 years ago. I'm so glad. They were an hour away and this makes me much more comfortable. My mother will now wait for one of us to come help her with something rather than attempt it herself. She once dropped an air conditioner out of a second story window because she refused to wait for the weekend for my husband to come do it for her. :rolleyes:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
2dream said:

Yea, my dad's great. I do like to spend time with him, because you never know, do ya? He thinks he has to feed everyone from his garden. His is probably about 3/4 of an acre. He loves it though. It keeps him going. I grew up in his garden, even though I hated it at the time. I learned how to garden and can from him.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hi Tammy!

My FIL lives right up the road. We settled down 500 feet from where my husband grew up.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Glad to see you were brave enough for the MONSTER list too!! Very cool and can't wait to keep reading!! :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I have got to go get some stuff done, right after I yell at my 17 year old DS to GET OUT OF THE SHOWER!! He has to finish up his chemistry and take 2 tests today. Fun, fun, fun for him.

I need to go bake up a couple of more loaves of cinnamon bread. DH as for some more. I also found a great recipe for Country Ham Biscuits that I want to try. You fry your ham, chunk it up, put it and some cheddar or swiss in your biscuit dough.

The dogs are barking (again) so I'd better go see which new leaf fell of the tree...

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Were you another one of those 60's babies that got named after Tammy Wynette?? LOL! I am...my name's Tammy too :D
I am a 60's baby, but I'm named after the "Tammy" series on TV that I think Debbie Reynolds played in. I have a sister who was almost 12 when I was born. She begged our mom to name me Tammy. Thank God she won out on that: my mom wanted to name me "Mona Lisa". Can you imagine, Mona Lisa for the rest of your life? Ugggghhh!

(Sorry if there are any Mona Lisas out there.)