Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
roosmom said:
Can I ask a question?

Why dont you watch her to see HOW she is getting out then rig something up to stop her.......I am coming in on this at the end but I am curious.
We have been. Everytime she gets out, we look for hair along the fence or we watch where she got out. We put more fence up. It's on going and we are just tired of it.

tfpets, would eat her, but I would rather have the $ from her LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
roosmom said:
Oh, ok. That sneaky eh?
WELL THEN....

*giggle* Maybe she would taste good canned.
OMG I totally snorted my cookie! :gig

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ewww, I hope you didnt choke, LOL

I am really glad things are going better for you guys.

escept for the sneaky goat thing :lol:

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Any bites on selling them yet, or are you finally biting into them?

Oh - Leonard has a new friend!

Tina

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You could rig up a neck yoke for her, like they do with cows who keep getting out of the fences. Just a large forked stick with the "V" fitted upside down over the neck and the ends of the "V" connected with another stick (usually tied together), just snug enough she can't slip it off her head. Prevents them from slipping out small holes in the fence. YOu could also try what another forum member does and duct tape a length of pvc to her horns, if she has any.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
tfpets said:
Any bites on selling them yet, or are you finally biting into them?

Oh - Leonard has a new friend!

Tina
LOLOL She is STILL out there...one amish guy was interested, never heard back, and we've decided to make the most of it and try to get more fencing as soon as finances allow....or tie her out...something.

Ok, so I need more info on Leonards new friend....same kind of critter? Would he/she like a hammie and sleep sack? I am out of the green camo, but if the new friend is a girl, I have pink camo!

Let me know!

Beekissed, no horns, but I am certainly going to try your idea! Putting some kind of yoke thingymabob on her!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Ok, goals for today,

Wash dishes and do a load of laundry.

Since I said it, gotta do it right? :p

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Ok I got my two goals done, and then some today. Hauled in firewood, chased the goats, listed a few things on eBay, chased the goats again, fed/watered the chickens, chased the goat, hauled in water, chased the goat (noticing a pattern here?) DH got mad screamed a few foul words, helped me chase the goat AGAIN....while trying to get HER in Elroy got out, mad at us for chasing her, so he charges US more foul language out of DH...got 4 long boards and fastened them in a fashion so they can't get out of the barn area...feed/water moved to barn area for goats.

Now accepting any reasonable offers for so annoying that we are really thinking of shooting them goats.....

Now I have stuffed pork chops in the oven, need to go start side dishes and eat, clean up after dinner, and list a few more things on eBay.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hilarious!!!! You need a lariat!! Love your goat saga.....I've never had a goat of my very own to chase but I have chased a few animals in my time. They say you have to be smarter than the animal!!! :lol: :D

I will tell you a story about one of my patient's pets....a cockatoo. He bites if you stick your hand in the cage, goes crazy if you wear a glove or reach in with a metal "reacher". This is a new pet for them and they didn't know how to change his water or trim his wing so he couldn't fly away if the door opens. I offered my assistance. She was worried that I would get hurt or that I would hurt her bird and was going to try to take him to the nearest vet that works on exotic animals....5 hours away! Still didn't know how she would get him out of the big cage and transport him to the vet to trim his wing, though, so things were at a standstill.

Solution: The bird will stick his foot out of the cage to "shake" your hand. I walk up, he shakes my hand, I continue to hold his foot while opening the cage door and removing the water dish with my other hand. I get new water, walk up to cage and shake his hand again. I hold his foot while I put the water back in the cage. He is all very puzzled by this but remains calm. He climbs to the door and clings to the door, sticks out his foot to shake, I accept....and hold on once again. With the other hand, I open the cage door, pull his wing out, gently shut the door, cut the primary feathers and put his wing back in the cage. It all took 5 mins. and the bird never made a sound or flapped a wing. The patient looked at me and said, "I never would have thought of THAT."

Maybe you just need someone else to come and trick your goat with some slick manuever that you never would have thought of before!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :p I know, I know...... :smack