Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
roosmom said:
If the bump was bad, you know the drill, keep them awake and yes....watch them. Head wounds bleed, lots. You know that. Just a great ending to the day. DH was probably glad he wasnt here for it, LOL.
Oh, and my naked kid? He had just got out of the tub and they dared him to run around the porch roof naked......which he did. BUT they locked the windows so he couldnt get back in.
Hmmm locking siblings out....sounds familiar....except when I did it my brother broke the window out with a baseball :/

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OOOOOH, I would hit the roof if they had did that. See, all kids do stuff like that. AND I bet you talk and laugh about it at get togethers right?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Reading all this reminds of why I am glad my kids are all grown. LOL
Sometimes I miss all the hubbub and having them around and then.... just like that I read this stuff and go "Whew", glad I don't have to do that anymore. LOL

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:lol: Now thats a busy day!
I support the fresh start on the goats, but any goat is gonna jump n run do whatever they want...dont know why the term is Pigheaded...it should have been goatheaded!
Kids, you gotta love em! Around here, the boys consider it a victory if either one of them draws blood during a squabble, oops, I mean when theres an accident!
Sorry about your kitten. :(
Tina

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Quail,

after reading your post, I'm glad I had an uneventful, boring, stagnant, what-am-I-gonna-do-next-day. :lol:

Glad everyone is OK and I'm sorry about your little kitten :hugs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nugget is the new baby goat right.
You can sell Mom etc. in about 2 1/2 mos. I usually pull babies at 3 mos. but if you are desperate to unload Mom, then you can push 2 1/2 mos....just be sure baby is eating well before pulling Mom.

good luck

I know how animals that are a pain can ruin the day. each and every day they do something. nope, I am like you....see ya later and I will get an animal that I can live with..LOL

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow, I hope today is a smoother day! I did have to laugh at most of your post...just so typical. Seems that when my day starts out on the wrong foot, it is just a downward spiral til I go to bed :)

I am so sorry about your kitty, that is a tough one.:aww

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.

Karen, we have already checked into milk replacer for Nugget and a bottle. If I can't bottle feed her, well then I guess she will go with mom. I am NOT going to put up with this.

Nan just got out AGAIN! and Nugget is running in and out and I can't catch her at ALL. I did get Nan caught and I just did the same thing I did on day 1, kicked the chickens out of the coop and shut Nan in it. Soon as I can catch Nugget she'll be in there, too, or I think Nan might knock that door down.

They have got to go NOW!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can I ask a question?

Why dont you watch her to see HOW she is getting out then rig something up to stop her.......I am coming in on this at the end but I am curious.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, they make milk replacer, EAT NAN.
JK - Sorry youre having such a hard time. It took electricity to convince my goats to stay in their yards, a few jolts, and well, they learned...it was a powerful lesson, but Dawg thought he was a dog, and well, he wasnt.
Good luck, hope it settles down.
Tina

Latest posts