Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, please, please, please send me a poodle!!! A black one, please, miniature....mid-way between toy and standard!!!!

Hope the surgery goes smoothly.....hugs and smooches!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I have two designs picked out, because I couldn't decide which design I liked better. Maybe ya'll can help me decide?

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m84/alyciaT_2006/100_32201_tbmp.png
Aly, I like this second one, but could you fiddle with it a bit? Lose the 'Seasonal Egg Shipping Available' and put your breeds in down there from the first card. If you fix the spacing between the website and the e-mail you should have lots of room. Or, if you want that line, fix the spacing mentioned above, insert your breeds in that nice blue and put the Seasonal Egg phrase at the bottom of the card.

And Free, I also want a poodle, but a standard chocolate - someday!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I like the top one. Clean and simple.

I think the chicken on card #2 is a little too blurry and there is just too much going on.

I would probably leave out the breeds list - unless you are firm about ALWAYS having ALL of those breeds available. Anytime you put stuff on a business card that may possibly change you make it easy for the card to become obsolete.

Basically I like the wording on card #2 but the simplicity of card #1.

Also remember when printing cards colors DO matter. Single color cards are MUCH cheaper than cards with a color photo.

Glad you have a rainy day and another day not to have to play "hospital". Just keep busy and that will help with the stress.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I agree. The card doen't need to be a brochure....simple is best. The people who will call you from the info on a card are people that you have spoken to, or people who were referred by a happy customer who had lots to say. So the card doesn't have to say much.

If you have more to say, for example, for posting on a bulletin board, make a nice flier or brochures with current details and pictures and post it with a stack of cards.

I have a miniature (30 lbs of muscle) poodle now and he is awesome!! Well-behaved, smart, and loved by many people. He is shaved down completely, with just a manly moustache and a little beard.....poodle incognito!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Free

A friend of mine had a little black poodle boy ... probably 15 or 20 pounds, he was all dog.

He used to go with her on trail rides and he would race ahead and scout the brush and chase rabbits. Mighty tough .... until he felt tired. Then he would hop on his back legs and fan his paws at her, until she would stop the horse. He would run up to her (while she was mounted) and jump sky high, so she could swoop him up and into the saddle with her for the rest of the ride! He was uber-cool!

Unfortunately one day he was protecting her farm from other dogs and was killed in a dogfight. He just did not know he was little. :hit

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
That could be my Gunnar! Tough little guy, but real momma's boy, too. He will kill and eat his own lunch when he can. I never knew poodles could be so macho...:lol:

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, Quail. About the business cards, I'd be happy to work up something for you that you could print on your own computer. I print mine on perforated ready made business card paper. You can buy this at any office supply store and these days, the papers are great. You can hardly tell them from professionally made cards. PM or email me if you want and let me know what graphics programs you have. I'm sure I can come up with a file you can work with.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like the first one, as well. I like the simplicity.

If I remember right, standard poodles are sometimes used as police dogs in France. I observed a Schutzhund club once that had several poodles as members. Very bright dogs and very fast.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I like the simplicity of the first one...one image is better than two, but I wonder if a baby chick would be better than the eggs?

Also I would not list the breeds...too wordy and catalog-ish.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I also think the picture of the chicken, and the breed listing could be taken out, but keep the egg picture.
Overall I like the top one more, plus its smaller. However I noticed a typo on the first card.. Waydottes?

Latest posts