Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok to do list for today,:

1) clean out the bantam coop.

2) try to get some mowing done before the next rain showers come in, depending on if the sun dries up the yard enough to mow!

3) prep the area that my new breeding pens are going up

4) possibly start the post holes for the new breeding pens...

We'll see how much I actually am able to get done. Have to pry my butt outta this chair first :/

Friday, if the rain holds off since there's a 30% chance of rain, Becky and our friend Resham plan to come over and help me get my breeder coops done. I am hoping to have it all mapped out how I want them to be. It will mean I should be able to separate out 4 more breeds, giving me a total of 6 breeds separated...we'll see though.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
The rain has finally stopped and the sun is shining now. We're supposed to get more rain tonight, but for now, everybody is outdoors enjoying the sunshine and 60.

Maybe you'll get a chance to get some of it done yet.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey quail, I was wondering if you have silver appleyard ducks? DH wants some and I told him that I would see if you knew anyone that had any that would be willing to ship to VA.

Glad to hear that you got a little break. It's hard to remember to take care of yourself when you are so focused on taking care of someone else.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Hey quail, I was wondering if you have silver appleyard ducks? DH wants some and I told him that I would see if you knew anyone that had any that would be willing to ship to VA.
No, I don't have any, but they are on my want list. ;)

If I find anyone who has some and will ship, I'll let you know.

Looks like the clouds are starting to break up, so I am going to head back out and try again LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Just checking in to see how I've progressed today...not very well might I add....

1) clean out the bantam coop. It's almost done. Just came in to take a quick break.

2) try to get some mowing done before the next rain showers come in, depending on if the sun dries up the yard enough to mow! This has been ditched for today, as it is waaaaaaaaay too wet. Plus, I need to fill the gas can with gas for the mower....so aiming for tomorrow...

3) prep the area that my new breeding pens are going up Yep! I can say this is mostly accomplished, but the crap we pulled out from the area is still burning on the burn pile. That's why I say mostly finished lol

4) possibly start the post holes for the new breeding pens... Well, I have it measured out where the posts need to go, just haven't got the holes dug yet. Thinking I'll go do that after I finish my drink and fix Ernie his snack.

Oh and Free, I'm drinking LIPTON ICED TEA :gig

ETA: I have a renewed appreciation for my husband. It takes me twice as long to complete one chore now as to what it used to, considering he always helped me and did half if not more of the work!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I found my silver appleyards 10 minutes down the road!!!! She just put eggs in the bator yesterday....I told her I wanted 6! I will see how many she ends up with and let you know if maybe she would ship them if you want. Just let me know! Hope you get everything done!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Aly....you deserve a break! Come on over on my porch and sip yer iced tea. Have one of ticks magical brownies(made with love) ....... :love

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Quail, I drink Red Rose and Salada and store brands of black tea, too.....the tea stuff is for my mother, but I have a goal of trying to develop a taste for it in the process, so I can be more ss.....if I have to.....and to learn some health benefits of some of the herbals.

So don't be too impressed!

I throw a pinch of dried nettles into my fruit smoothies now. It's a small step! And.......free!