Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh I'm not sewing yet, I said I should be, LOL but the sewing machine is buried in my closet....

FF, longer days?! Please tell me maybe my girls will start laying again after tomorrow??? :gig

I'm ready to fire up the incubators!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Sorry your DS isn't feeling well, all the church services around here have been canceled so we are still stuck in the house. Hubby is going stir crazy! How much snow did you guys get?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
We have about 2-3 inches of snow, and we're supposed to be getting some rain sometime, so I don't think the snow will be here long, but we may end up with Slippery Death instead.

Nothing is closed here.

I swept off the back porch, swept off my Jeep, fed/watered the critters, and wrapped some gifts.

The Mallard Gals are still staying in the duck run! :ya That's the only good, I think, of this snow! My 'scovies went in, too. I don't have any ducks running around mucking up my yard for now! woot!

Baby boy just woke up, and he's very cranky still, stuffed nose, but he doesn't feel fevered!! :weee He just wants to sit and have me hold him. So, he's on my lap drinking his gatorade. Hoping the fever really is going going gone and not just *reduced* due to the tylenol.

Kiddos should be home from Church soon, and then they're going to want to do a craft before we go back to Church this evening. Ernie said he'll stay with our baby while I go with the kids this evening.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I hope your little guy is feeling better soon....no fun for little ones to be sick.

I need t dust off my sewing machine too.....it has been far too long and I keep telling myself I should just start something small and easy....but it is so much easier to just think about it than to actually DO it.

Good luck with E's tests, I hope everything goes smoothly.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Sorry you have a sick one. :fl that the fever is gone.

Dace, I sure wish you had not pointed out one of my major flaws lately. LOL Thinking about it instead of doing it. Now that you have pointed it out I have to recognize that I am doing it and force myself to stop.

Picture me with my very best Scarlet swoon, back of hand to forehead, loud sigh, head cocked sideways.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ahhh, I have had a good taste of what sick babies are all about this weekend! Hope your little angel feels better soon, it is so sad to see them like that

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Baby's fever spiked to 105.3 (even after tylenol!) last night. Ended up in the ER for a couple hours. He has a double inner ear infection (meaning both ears!), caused from his sinus infection draining into his ears.

We left in such a hurry, that we didn't close any coops. Becca went with us to the ER as a supportive friend and another friend kept the older 4 kids over night for us as a just in case they put him in over night scenario.

Left hospital about midnight. Baby boy was doped up on Tylenol, motrin, and amoxicillian when we left. We were So tired! Becca's house was the halfway point from hospital to our house, and she and her mom invited us to crash there.

Thankfully all the critters were OK all night, since they weren't closed in. No predator issues last night.

This morning, Baby Boy is MUCH better...very low temp and extrememly cranky, but he is still getting the motrin, tylenol, amoxicillian. I hate antibitiocs, and we rarely use them, and since Baby boy has never had any, I'm really hoping the amoxicillian works quickly for him.

My parents are stopping in to watch the kiddos while I run E down for his bloodwork this afternoon.

I need a nap.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
105 holy cow I have never seen a fever go so high. I am glad he is on some meds now. I know I hate antibiotics as well but if he has rarely had them the Amox should do the job. I hope he is fleeing better. You should all lay low and get some rest.

Take care, Gina

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I very rarely used antibiotics with my family...but there were times, like yours rigth now, that they were absolutely required. Hope your little guy feels like new real soon