Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Another interesting tidbit we discovered while we were visiting BR, he took the COBA class to AI his cows!

He was giving E the details on how much COBA costs...and E and I both about burst our guts laughing!

E went to COBA when he was I think 19 or 20?? so he and BR were laughing about the hats that COBA gives out when you pass their course LOL

It came up because BR mentioned he AI's his cows, and i was like, wow-you've got the equipment to do that?! and it went from there.

He said E should be able to AI Blessing when she's old enough and talked with us about how the AI guns are pretty cheap, but it's the tank for storing the "goods" that's pricey.

It was a GREAT day. :D

Starbucks would have made it better..........

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
wow-you've got the equipment to do that?!
i cannot believe you said this!!! you know he's going to be impossible to live with now, right? i'd better call his Lovely Wife and let her know i had NOTHING to do with this!!!

YAY on Dash Jr!!! i'll see if i can get some baby pix!

and yep - our geese 'go off' at nite sometimes... but then you know.. its me and the dog running out there to see whats what.

we found that if you coop them and make sure they cant see out (a few stacked bales of straw does wonders......) they are quiet until you let them out.

:)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
wow-you've got the equipment to do that?!
i cannot believe you said this!!! you know he's going to be impossible to live with now, right? i'd better call his Lovely Wife and let her know i had NOTHING to do with this!!!
Hey, I was trying to work a deal to get Blessing AI'ed when she's old enough....BR insisted that E can do it, that he just needs to get back into practice.

To which I informed E anything he can get his arm into........

anyway....

it gets better!

My goose laid her first egg today! whoot!

course the silly ninny didn't go IN the shed, nope, she laid it right smack in the middle of her muddy run. Definitely her first egg, too, because it's a pullet egg, not near as big as a seasoned goose a laying egg!

Oh well. I can still eat it! :lol:

goosepulletegg001.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
TanksHill said:
:ep That egg is big, they get bigger?

g
Oh yea! They'll be twice that size once she gets to laying regular!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:ep good lord!

That makes MY lucy hurt just looking at it......my DD calls it a lucy...she's 2.

Those eggs get bigger? That is one big omelet.....

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Meyer hatchery has Black Copper Marans and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes this year....

:hide