Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Sorry about Jett. He was beautiful. Do you have any fertile eggs of his or his offspring?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Sorry about Jett. He was beautiful. Do you have any fertile eggs of his or his offspring?
We have one teenage chick from him and Gypsy. Not sure of gender yet, though. Also, a friend of ours who was the one who gave us Gypsy told me on FB today that he has about 25 or 26 Blue, Black, and Splash sumatra chicks growing out. He has offered to give me a pair once he knows genders - not that they will replace Jett, but so kind of this friend to want to help ease the hurt with such a nice gift.

As long as my little Teen Chick continues on strong - I'll always have part of Jett here. :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:hugs I hope the young one is a roo. What a shame. He was beautiful. :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks men go through a period of STUPID???? My husband wants me to leave the chickens out in the dog kennel coop tonight - where the coon obviously got through and killed one - instead of completely closing them in the main coop with no open wire. His reasoning? Can't shoot a coon in the barn that's dark. GAH! So use my chickens as BAIT?! Idiot!!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well he's insisting that the coons can get in my enclosed barn anyway. When I flew off the handle at him and told him I wasn't leaving them in the kennel he got mad right back at me.

Had a good go around we did.

Probably had it coming, since FIL had to make some comment about "ya'll haven't had a spat in a long time" yesterday. :smack

I don't really think he's a flippin' moron - but I just thought his idea was the stupidest idea ever.

I mean, heck, why pen them up then? lets leave them in the wide open. :smack