Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
remember this guy, who I almost sold at the Mt. Hope swap meet back in May?????

328_farmpics_282.jpg

AND this is what he looks like now!!! :D

328_farmpics_579.jpg

I am so glad I kept him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
yes, he has very good lacing! and I'm not finding a speck of gold anywhere on him! Foley's would tell me he's a $50 cockerel!!! :th

I have more pics of his lacing I'll put up in a bit. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
in the first pic, he was about 6 weeks old. I think?

He's about 10 weeks old now - almost 3 months. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
well, the poultry count is down and up - if that makes sense.

i had two lav orps hatch - and then last night something managed to find a way to get my favorite hen - My black laced wyandotte from Foley's :hit Literally ate all of her, just left bones and feathers. :hit

today, had the last mallard egg hatch in the 'bator, which made E happy.

Other news - we've done a lot of cleaning/mowing outside, and today plan to work on the inside since it's raining. blech!

And, I've wanted to eat nothing but EGGS. Eggs eggs eggs! not fried and not scrambled, but Hard Boiled! YUM! Funny, through this whole pregnancy eggs (and sausage) have been my MOST favorite foods! First trimester I couldn't hardly eat anything, then second trimester I was all about scrambled eggs, eggs with onions, eggs with onions and mushrooms, omlets......followed secondly by PANCAKES.

oh dang. those sound good right now, too.

Baby Girl has me so squished up inside, that she's in my ribs most! didn't have that with the other babies that much. half afraid she's going to be my biggest baby, and that might make me welcome the c-section. :/

but. back to eggs.

I can't get enough of them! Right now, I'm eating 3 hard boiled eggs. I can't eat a whole lot at once, because she's squished everything up, so it's mostly 4-5 small meals for me - and the kids think they should eat with me and I'm like no you get the big meals.

sigh.

and

I've built up this beautiful wardrobe for her (gotta love yard sales and thrift stores!) and I just can't wait to see her and put little dresses on her.....

sigh...

so so ready for it to be September.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
With my oldest it was tacos. After the first trimester of not being able to even smell food, it was tacos tacos tacos for the next 6months!

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My first, I craved anything from the Greek restuarant. Feta, lamb and baklava. Im not Greek. But man I loved it. Mostly honey and feta.
Second, peaches and bloody steaks. I could eat a rib eye gristle and all.
Third baby. All I wanted were strawberries and pecans. And he weighed the most at nine pounds nine ounces.

I bet there is some chemical or mineral combo in those that the baby needed.

The eggs are probably a need for protien in your diet. Funny how our bodies and babies know what they need.

Latest posts