Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, I missed a lot today! Congratulations...she is absolutely gorgeous! Makes me all broody for another new grandbaby.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

We had a good first night home. I'm a co-sleeping, breast-feeding mama, so it makes it a lot easier at night. My husband commented this morning that he didn't hear her wake up and cry even once last night. I told him because she didn't. :lol: I slept on my side with her cradled against me so when she woke up and was hungry, she just had to root until she found her meal. :) Course, I did have to wake up enough to help her latch on, and I did have to get up and change her diaper a couple times, but even at that - I got more sleep last night than in the two nights at the hospital. :)

Baby Girl had her breakfast just a little bit ago and now she's sleeping in her bassinet.

I'll admit, my first thought when I woke up this morning, life just doesn't get better. new baby girl in my arms, handsome hubby on my left, oldest kids getting themselves up to get ready for school - yep, doesn't get better. :) We're so blessed.

Oh, and the cutest thing hubs has said since we've been home, while holding his new daughter, "Yea, this wasn't a mistake." :love from the man who only wanted 2 children. :love

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awww, what a blessing. A good hubby who knows a blessing when he holds her! :love Glad to hear everything is going so smoothly! I never can sleep when I am in the hospital either...too many noises!!