Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
She is beautiful! Congratulations to you an E both. My baby boy is 11 weeks old today and I am also nursing, but not co-sleeping regularly. He has slept with me a few times but I am always so worried about smooshing him. Love the pics, thanks for sharing her with us. I love all the hair!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok so far since I've been home, someone has brought us dinner every night!

Last night Aunt Debbie brought us Marzetti that my cousin A made and Aunt Debbie and her other daughter made us velveeta mac with seashell pasta shells? But they were pretty late bringing it so E was already cooking pork chops because it was past when we normally eat dinner. They apologized for how late they were bringing it, but we said it was no big deal. We ate some of the velveeta mac as a side dish with the pork chops and we had baked beans, too.

They cooked 3 lbs of the velveeta mac and packaged it in two large containers, so even with eating some of it as a side last night AND having ate some with our lunch today, we still have 2 containers of it in the fridge :lol:

And we have the marzetti to eat yet! wow.

Then tonight, Aunt Lori brought us corn chowder - and I was really looking forward to having some - but my five kids ate. it. all. :barnie I told them it was incredibly rude of them to eat it all without any thought to mom and dad not having any.

So E is going to eat marzetti, and I'm eating more of the velveeta mac because it really hit the spot for me! :hide

Aunt Lori also brought us two pans of stuffed shells for tomorrow's dinner. I have an eggplant in the fridge yet, so I'm thinking I need to beg E to fix the eggplant and romaine lettuce for me to go with the stuffed shells tomorrow because all this pasta people are fixing us is going to kill me I think! :gig

My Aunt Gail is bringing us dinner on Saturday. No clue what she's bringing, but she's a vegetarian so I'm kinda of hoping for a nice veggie dish LOL

I'm so not complaining that people are making pasta dishes or soups to bring us, though, because I think it's awesome that they are wanting to help and save us on having to make dinner. And so far, they're making such large amounts that we're able to stretch things for next day lunches, too! How cool is that?!

I am hoping I can talk E into making sausage and eggs for breakfast - I really want a big plate of scrambled eggs!!

My cousin called me on Tuesday at the hospital and said she'd mailed a package out for us. More clothes for baby girl :lol: She thought the package would arrive yesterday, but it didn't. We got a package card in the mail today, but the post office is already closed so E will go in the morning to get it. Funny thing, the package card says 2 parcels, and I was only expecting 1 so not sure who the second package is from!

This girl has more clothes than Ivana Trump!! :lol:

This morning, friend R came up to see baby girl and brought me 2 gift bags of goodies for her. The smaller package had several hats in it. The bigger package had a size 24 months dress with butterflies all over it, a 3-6 months 3 piece winter outfit, 2 snow suits, a first foods feeder, and Baby Girl was given her first "chicken"! It's a Ty Beanie Baby rooster and it's super cute! We took a couple pics with friend R's camera holding baby girl and then a couple of her with baby girl and baby girl's chicken LOL

Aunt Lori and my Uncle Nic are professional photographers, so while Aunt Lori was here she snapped a few semi posed shots of E and me with Baby Girl and then a few of just baby girl - those will probably be on FB later and I can't wait to see them!! We also talked about doing some portraits and Aunt Lori will make her birth announcements with the photo of our choice for us. Can't wait!

Have a cousin who was due to have her baby last Saturday, and she's still pregnant. I feel bad for her, as it's her first baby and she's so anxious to have her son here already. She's hoping to go on her own, but since she will be 41 weeks on Saturday, they have her scheduled for an induction Saturday morning if he doesn't come on his own by then.

Then I have another cousin due to have a girl in January, a BYC friend due with a girl in January, and another cousin due with a surprise (haven't found out gender yet) in March. LOTS of babies being born!

Plus my brother and his wife are trying to have another one, I think. They have two girls right now and I know they'd love to have a boy.

I tried to take a nap today - but I made baby boy (gonna have to quit calling him that i guess) lay down for a nap first and was hoping he'd sleep for an hour like he usually does. Figured I could nap for awhile with Baby girl that way. Didn't happen. Son slept for all of 15 or 20 minutes and then he was up crying for mommy. Sigh. Adjusting is proving a little difficult this time.

Still, he's thrilled with his baby sister and is asking to hold her all the time. And not leaving her alone when I get her to sleep. I laid her in the bassinet, and he ran over there and tried to pull himself up to see her, thus waking her up. Settled her again, set her in the bouncer right next to me, and he leaned on the bouncer and got right into her face to talk to her and tried to tickle her feet. Threw a fit when I told him to leave her alone.

I told him to go get a book and mommy will read it to you. He said no I don't want a book, I want to see the baby. I tried to explain not now, she's sleeping. So I tried to get him interested in drawing pictures or something. Today proved trying. And everytime she woke up to eat, he would decide he needed a drink and would practically demand that I get him a drink. He got mad when I again told him you have to wait until I am done feeding the baby.

Everything that didn't go his way today resulted in a tantrum. I tried really hard to keep my temper even and I didn't spank him at all, just kept talking to him. Finally, when Aunt Lori showed up, he put some attentions towards her. Then when he decided he was full of his chowder, he started slinging it across the table. Aunt Lori told him to stop, and he threw a spoonful of chowder at her. Aunt Lori took his bowl and spoon away and told him he was done. He started into a tantrum, and she hugged him to her body and washed off the chowder he was wearing. She then told him, "you're not the first toddler to try to throw a tantrum on me" in a laughing, teasing tone. That distracted him and he calmed down finally.

Well, that's all that's happening here.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bless your heart! Send baby boy to me, I have all girls and could use a tantrum throwing boy. He'd give DD14 a run for her money, and as of late, she's pretty darn good at it :lol:

Enjoy all that food!!! Sounds delish!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
It is just amazing how another person can throw those little ones off their course! :lol: Nice you had Aunt Lori there to help out and that she was so understanding about the little feller's behavior. She knew just what to do.
Of course as a parent your try all kinds of things and then someone else comes along and does some simple thing and it works; ... can get frustrating. But kids always behave differently for their parents, than they do for others.
Glad to hear you are getting help in some form anyhow. And all those pasta dishes can still make a nice side, to help out with meals. It is one more thing that E doesn't have to fix. I am sure he will be needing rest and help too.

I'll be thinking of you.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congrats to you QA, she's beautiful! Sounds like the little guy may be feeling a little left out & looking for some extra attention. :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Friend came over today to play with her camera and take pics of baby girl

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwww :love she's so sweeeeeeeet.....

:hide but ya know what they say about a new baby smiling............. :hide