Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Kind of relieved, yes, but at the same time, we're trying to decide if he should post pone, or go in as planned considering everything going on right now.

He's extremely hurt that his family doesn't even care that he's having surgery soon.

I doubt BIL is paying FIL cash for the pasture, FIL is probably just giving it to him.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Keep those tax receipts!

If you have openly been living on the land, paying the taxes and improving the property since '99 that is 10 years! I think you might even be able to do a quit claim deed on the property. It is called Adverse Possession. http://homebuying.about.com/cs/realestateglossary/g/adversepossess.htm (learned about that when I sold Real Estate). Laws are different in each state.

I would relax and try not to get involved in the drama. (My family was one drama after the other just like yours). Get through this surgery, do some hard praying and contact a lawyer that specializes in Real Estate law. Especially since you are full time farmers on this land - I don't think anyone could deny you possession. :thumbsup

I'll be praying for you both. :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Quail, I am sorry you have all of this drama going on right now! It will work out, things always do.
Explore your options, talk to an attorney and think it through. You do not have to have the solution right this second, although most of us feel better when we have a solution, you will need some time to think on it. The right answer will come to you :)

Hang in there and be strong :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Right now we are more hurt than anything, but we have made a few decisions, the first being that we are going to continue with our farm as usual, and allow God to care for things in his own time. Doesn't mean having made that decision takes away all the hurt caused to us.

Anyway, we found something today....reminded me that God is in control of everything, because normally we wouldn't have been walking where we were walking today, and Ernie and I had taken a walk this morning just to clear our minds so to speak....we came upon a fawn stuck in our fence. It was twisted up and the fence had cut to the bone.

We freed the fawn and left it, hoping the mom would come back. A little while later we went back, and he was still there, bawling, and no mom. Ernie was afraid a coyote would come in and get him, and since as soon as we got close to him the little bugger jumped and tried to run, we figured he deserved a fighting chance. So he's now in my shed.....

100_5946_00.jpg

He's so beautiful! Quite scared of us, and his fur is sticky with pine sap. But still, beautiful. Since this picture was taken, we have bandaged his leg to stop the bleeding. We've also put a call into the Ohio Department of Wildlife, as we don't want to be in trouble for him being here, and we called the Sheriff's department who said we can file for a permit to keep him. He said the Dept. of Wildlife will regulate what we can do with him. I.E., keep him as a pet or raise him up for food (I'm hoping for the latter) and the sheriff deputy cracked up laughing when I said I'd hope they'd let us eat him. He said, "Sounds good to me!"

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am not quite sure what to say. It is lucky for the fawn you found him. Death by coyote would not be good. If you can keep and feed then freeze it would be good to. I wonder if the meat would turn out different?

Sorry to hear about the family drama. Some people are never satisfied with what they have.

Good luck.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
And some of you think it would be difficult to eat a chicken that you raised!

What a little darling! We have raised a LOT of wild things - even had a license to do it when I was a kid. They steal your heart! :love

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
And some of you think it would be difficult to eat a chicken that you raised!

What a little darling! We have raised a LOT of wild things - even had a license to do it when I was a kid. They steal your heart! :love
And I bet he'll be delicious!! :D