SandBillyGirl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Same as anything people collect like baseball cards. The jars resemble coins more.

I had to explain to my mom why just because coins are old, doesn't mean they are really worth anything other than face value. It's the misprints that usually have value. I collect wheat pennies and bicentennial quarters, but, only in so much as I get from change. I have a lot of quarters from our days of using a laundromat. I have some silver quarters and dimes that came in the rolls from the bank. Bookstore I worked at allowed us to buy (trade) coins from the till. Just had to have shift supervisor oversee it. I just like to look at them every now and then.

I'm mostly of the opinion that antiques should be working. Like my 1905 skillet or my 1920s eggs basket I use every day.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Same as anything people collect like baseball cards. The jars resemble coins more.

I had to explain to my mom why just because coins are old, doesn't mean they are really worth anything other than face value. It's the misprints that usually have value. I collect wheat pennies and bicentennial quarters, but, only in so much as I get from change. I have a lot of quarters from our days of using a laundromat. I have some silver quarters and dimes that came in the rolls from the bank. Bookstore I worked at allowed us to buy (trade) coins from the till. Just had to have shift supervisor oversee it. I just like to look at them every now and then.

I'm mostly of the opinion that antiques should be working. Like my 1905 skillet or my 1920s eggs basket I use every day.

i love wheat pennies too. for some reason those have always been my favorite. i have some other coins too, but not many and not in great condition.

as a kid i'd have Mom buy me a bag of rolled up pennies and i'd go through them looking for wheat pennies. i don't know where those wheat pennies went as i didn't have them at college with me. later on i started up again but just keeping whatever i came across in change. i still don't have a very good collection, but it's ok. i don't also have the time or money to add to it so i guess i'm over the active phase of collecting.

i also have a bottle collection which is more accurately called a bottle with dust collection up in boxes on top of my bookshelves. i've meant to get rid of it for years but it is still up there collecting more dust. i do want to keep a smaller selection of bottles from it that i do like but only about a dozen or so. ink wells and a few colored ones that are nice. the fun part of these was going with a friend and digging them up and cleaning them. once i moved away from that area i no longer had the desire to do that kind of work any more. gardening is much more rewarding. :) beans are my newer collection (and i have too many of those too!).

Latest posts