Questions about bees...

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
One book I am particularly interested in is: "Natural Beekeeping" by Ross Conrad
i got Natural Beekeeping for Christmas this year. it really is a great starter book if organic/alternative beekeeping is the direction you want to take. Amazon has it listed for $23.10 right now. still not exactly cheap but better than $35.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
FarmerDenise said:
One book I am particularly interested in is: "Natural Beekeeping" by Ross Conrad
i got Natural Beekeeping for Christmas this year. it really is a great starter book if organic/alternative beekeeping is the direction you want to take. Amazon has it listed for $23.10 right now. still not exactly cheap but better than $35.
That is a much better price!! Thanks

Tracylhl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Great information. I did indeed consider a top-bar hive. It seems like some people are really in favor of them while others are quite opposed. I'm going to keep reading. For now, the hive is staying put right where they are happy. We haven't made any decisions yet. My biggest concern is it's proximety to my chicken coop and the fact that my kids keep running up on the compost hill that they live in. I think that's more of a matter of teaching my kids than removing the bees, though.