quick question about bunnies

smackiesmommy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I know that tomato leaves are not good for bunnies but I was wondering if it would be ok to give the okra leaves that i trim to my fuzzy ones?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I wouldn't....I only give rabbits cold crop stuff or corn fodder.

citylife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
About the only thing I give my adult rabbits is a small piece of dandelion leaves. It does tend to increase appitite so I dont give them much. I will give a protective doe a small piece of apple to keep her occupied while I take the next box out to check kits.
Adult rabbits can not handle the greens like we would all think. I am doing an experimant right now and am pasturing a small group of meat kits. They are doing great! But, I move it daily and have a ton of clover in the pasture.
Hope this helps

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Okra leaves ARE safe for buns, but like any grens if your bunny isnt used to orka leaves start slow, only a couple of leaves at a time.

rabits can eat 100% leafy greens as a diet (kale, carrot tops, clover ect) but they have to be worked up to that slowly increasing leafy greens and decreasing pellet gently, and introducing NEW leafy greens gently too. if your bun has never had clover for instance, dont go giving her an entire cup of clover the first time she has clover or youll upset her tummy...