Quitting my job

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I quit my job the day I went into labor with my son almost 4 years ago. Then I had my daughter 2 years later. I have been at home with both of them and it has been really hard on us in some ways and rewarding in others. I love being able to see my kids grow up but I do get stir crazy. We have had to tighten our belts but had to buy a new vehicle...we got a good deal on our suv cause we had to have something with towing capacity. At least we were smart enough to pay off our other car before we jumped into another car payment.
My husband started a company with his buddies and that was a huge leap of faith for us. We have been doing the guide service now for a couple of years and it is taking off but it is still hard work. My husband works for verizon 40hrs a week and drives 52 miles one way every day to get there. He hates his job and wishes that he could guide and do tshirts full time but we're just not there yet.
You just have to be prepared for the sacrifices that will have to be made...and they will have to be made. My husband works his butt off and has put all of the profits of the company back into the business account...not a dime in his own pocket. I feel guilty because I don't feel that I can contribute monitarily sometimes but it isn't worth it for us to put our kids in daycare and for me to go back to work. I can't afford daycare and gas.
We have done pretty well...we only have about 4500 dollars of debt (credit cards) but are hoping to get that paid off soon. We have hunted more for meat this year and I have stopped buying junk food...better for us anyway. We have 3 deer in the freezer so far and we are hoping to stretch that out for a while.
I would love to be able to have a farm and make money from it...but for now that is a far away dream...I have chickens, though so at least I get to experience a taste of it! I would love to be able to sew and quilt and sell my stuff but I can't afford a sewing machine right now...my cheap singer finally bit the dust.
Whatever you choose....you just have to be at peace with your decision and know in your heart that it is right for you. Everything happens for a reason and if you believe in yourself and you are truly happy with what you are doing, everything will be fine!
Good luck and have faith!

Lori

Latest posts