Quotes and thoughts for the day

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
56555925_933996416991538_3516497726206377984_n.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"I realized years ago that very few people get judged into life change. Far more get loved into it."
Carey Nieuwhof

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck:ya Not only is it great that the little man wanted to make himself some buckskin pants, but that his dad was willing to drive him over and buy the buckskin.

To many times when I wanted to do something I was told no. I had saved up the money to by a backpack and the girlscout catalog had one I wanted. Dad said no - you don't need it. Stubborn, hard-headed little me saved up some more money, rode my bike to town and went to the post office. I bought a money order and sent in my order. I made sure that I got the mail for the next 2 months until the dang thing showed up, then sneak it into the house and hide it in my closet. Any time I used it, I would sneak it out of the house in a paper bag until out of sight of the house. I wonder if my parents ever knew I bought that backpack...

Your story reminds me of one of my best friends when i was growing up. This gal was her mother's first child. Her mother later remarried, and had 3 other children. My friend was never accepted by her step-dad. Always treated as a second class citizen in her home. She was used as a live in baby sitter, and was not even allowed to come visit me unless she brought one or more siblings along to take care of. She cooked, she cleaned, was given very little opportunities to do what SHE wanted to do. She WANTED to have a piano, and take piano lessons. Her mother said that if she provided the money to do so, she could. So, this friend grew cucumbers. LOTS and LOTS of cucumbers. She opened a roadside stand. Selling cukes at 6 cents apiece, and adding her babysitting money (she babysat for other families when ever she had the opportunity), she earned the $60 to buy an old piano. Then, she funded her lessons with her babysitting money. Your determination to earn a coveted prize matched the determination of my friend.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i have wandered a different road but it has taught me a lot, but i am on the road i wish to be on now so that is all i can ask for. :)

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I started a thread on BYC some time ago, to share my love for and collection of quotes and inspiring thoughts. The thread took off and turned into something really wonderful. I would like to do something similar here, for those of you who enjoy quotes, or need a little smile or inspiration now and then. I will post some quotes here on this thread and please share your favourites too.

If you'd like to check out the BYC thread, http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/939217/quotes-and-thoughts-for-the-day/0_30
Do today what should be done. Your tomorrow may never come. Today is the pupil of yesterday. Each day of your life, as soon as you open your eyes in the morning, you can square away for a happy and successful day.