R-Lawrence - my journal here

R-Lawrence

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Been a little crazy here and it's already late but thought I'd close the day (and my computer) tonight with a little update.

No more seizures from my Kid. Well, not convulsing ones anyway. Subclinical "staring", yes. Underwent a real personality change afterwards, so I'm working hard to understand thought processes and how to best get what needs to be done.

Not getting any help at all from Spouse. I was down for the count this past weekend (illness). I expected him to get things done, but absolutely NOTHING did. I had to drag myself out of bed to feed the livestock.

Worthless.

So ... I need lots of money. Fast. Under the table. I'm thinking about starting a thread on here about how to do this (if I can't find one already). Meanwhile, suggestions?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
There is a thread already on how to save money every day and another thread on how to put a few hundred in your pocket.

If you figure out an easy way to get rich quick, be sure to let me know! ;)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
The easiest way would be to travel to the future, get some winning lotto numbers, and come back and play those numbers.

Otherwise, it's so much work. :D

And the only fast ways I know aren't legal in Colorado. Nevada, yes.

R-Lawrence

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Time traveled to next month but the Goddes of Money refused to let me have any winning lotto numbers, so I came back.

A Pox to her!

Nevada... here I come!

Yuh huh. Right.

Busy weekend. Frustrating weekend. But I'm getting a lot done, making preparations and lists, and working out a plan. My kid is being more cooperative now that I've gotten him off of corn, among other things. Reading "Fighting for your marriage".

Gonna cook a pot roast tomorrow in the slow cooker ... add a little water, liquid smoke, dried onion and garlic and water, cook on low for about 12+ hours, then add onions, carrots, potatoes to cook on low for another 2 hours ... delish!!! Tastes almost like prime rib, and I never need a knife.

R-Lawrence

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The week from hell.

A foot of snow. Finally stopped then turned to rain. Goat pen caving in and flooded. Chicken coops caving in and flooded. Everybody's cold and wet. Food and hay is wet. My hair is soaked, and I changed clothes 3 times today, and 4 yesterday.

Had to play musical chickens. One rooster I'm getting rid of is now in the garage waiting for someone to pick him up on Saturday.

Electricity went out today for almost everyone in the area.

So ... what's up with Mother Earth and Father Sky?!?!?!

Because of this mess ... hands, arms, knees are all cut up from falling; now bandaged but hurt like the dickens. Feverish, dizzy, headache and momma sooooo ain't happy.

Hubby ticked that I bothered to ask him to pick up some stamps, and some mouse poison tonight because I found a mouse in with my broody hen (please please please don't eat her eggs). But I can't drive my car because it needs work this weekend. My Teen asked me tonight to divorce him but marriage counseling is set up starting in June so I **have** to give that a try.

Gonna take some flu medicine and go to bed early.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I love Nyguil! And most hens will kill a mouse, never fear. At least mine will. And eat the corpse, too! :sick

R-Lawrence

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks, Denim.

Saving: I love nyquil too! Except not good for my high blood pressure.

As to the mouse, she is sitting on her eggs about 6 inches from the food and water dish I put out for her, and didn't do anything about the mouse that I saw eating her food. I moved the food out for the night and just left the water.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the support.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Hello there! :frow I am late to the party ... as usual.. but I wanted to welcome you to our little therapeutic piece of the web.

A lot of us have "been there and done that" - no matter what the odd situation is. This is a wonderful supportive forum. The people here are all pretty darned genuine and we all seem to have SO much in common.

As for me ... Just wanted to weigh in as a teacher in an special needs program at public school where most of the kids that "qualify" are autistic. I have been here for the last 6 years and before that I spent 10 years working in an Alternative School setting with children with behavior disorders. I have seen almost everything twice! I also have a hubby and 3 children that are gifted with learning disorders. They are dyslexic and/or dysgraphic. I have also worked in the past with some students which were suffering from dyscalculia. That sounds like what your son might have. It is a processing issue specifically to do with math.

My best advice for now is try to take it easy. Make yourself take time to look at the blue sky. Breath in the fresh green air. Giggle.

I know that sounds impossible some days, but if you force yourself to be good to you - it makes life so much easier. :hugs

You are here now. It is amazing the difference a sounding board can make. Welcome.