Rainy days....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like it too, but soon enough I will have the house to myself ALL the time, so I don't wish for it much now....now that the time is nearer. :( I will be losing 1 within a month, another in Nov. or Dec., and then there was 1.... :hit

After that little bird flies, I will have one big, empty, lonely house that will echo with the laughter of days already gone.....I think that echo will haunt me. All the times I wished to have some peace and quiet in the house will rear up and mock me with the thought that I finally got what I wished for!

If I could give any advice for mothers of little ones who feel the stress overwhelm them....well, the advice would be to stop in the middle of the house and just listen. You will need to remember that sound when you can't hear it anymore! :(

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Amen, I have two leaving for college this week.
One of my daughters left on monday and the other leaves this weekend.
I have gotten use to the oldest being in college, its been an adjustment not to have her here, but its her third year now.
But, I couldn't believe my Ashleykate was even old enough to leave. I think I was in denial or something. I brought her on monday, helped her set up her dorm and took her out for lunch. Then I walked her back to her building and before I got as far as the Public Gardens I burst into tears right there on the street.
I felt like things would never be the same as I walked away, and they won't.
They come home on breaks but everything is changed.
The thing is I know how important it is for kids to get out there on their own and its where they should be, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where all those years went so fast.
As I walked through the Boston Public Gardens I watched the people ride on the swan boats with their little ones and I remembered doing the same with my girls and it seemed like yesterday, seriously, and it made me wish kids didn't grow up so fast.
I have always loved having the kids around, I hate,absolutely hate when school starts in the fall.
One minute you are having picnics, flying kites and going to the beach and then the next minute you are seeing them for a short time in the morning and then a couple of hours after school, running them to sports or if they are older jobs as well.
Never enough time with them.
I am aware of that now more than ever.
Beekissed, hopefully they will come home with their own families and you will sit on the porch and watch the grandbabies play.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I got 2 inches of rain this morning, and yes, it made me slow down for a bit. I got a few shirts ironed, but then had to spend the afternoon running errands. No relaxing for me today!! LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't think I'll wait around for grandbabies! :D

I plan to move across country where they are all relocating, sorta close, anyway. Then I plan to help the middle one get his vet practice started and build his house (after he gets out of school, of course). I would like to start being a foster mom also. When the afore mentioned boy gets his place (we are going to go together towards a farm) I plan to build my own strawbale/cob home. I've always wanted one and I'm going to get one!

Something small and artistic, a cute little grandma's place with an extremely wide front porch that wraps around the house, has chickens in the yard, a living roof, cob chicken coop and all the other things that makes grandma's house a neat place. A large sleeping loft with rows of single beds for all the kids!

I'll be lonely when they go, but not for long, I hope! :D

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I
If I could give any advice for mothers of little ones who feel the stress overwhelm them....well, the advice would be to stop in the middle of the house and just listen. You will need to remember that sound when you can't hear it anymore! :(
Oh don't make me cry!!!!

My mom and dad are enjoying the pitter patter of little feet, and the giggles SOOOOO much that they have our kids stay there often (1 or 2 at a time though) And a couple days after they're gone my dad (who was never around when we were young) is calling asking them when they're coming back.. and who's coming next.

My mom does warn me to enjoy it now, even though it's hard, b/c I will miss it when they're grown and gone. I figure by the time the first two are havin' grand babies will be the time for the younger two to be movin' on out! Perfect timing in my world! :) (I know, I know, it doesn't ever work out that way)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Chickcrew, you no likee happy doggie? :D I just needed a break from all the licking and he just looks how I feel right now....will reinstate Lady at some future date. She is still my avatar for BYC, but I have a cat on TEG and another, cooler, cow for BYCows. Just playing around yesterday! I actually found the funniest avatar ever, but, as a Christian I felt it was a little too....well, just not appropriate. But funny! :lol: I'll have to show it to you guys soon, but I won't adopt it permanently. ;)

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I look forward to "snow days" ! Those are the days the boys and I just veg out and play games or read or do what ever!