Ramblings of a frustrated woman

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wow, that's just crazy with the permits cost.

KeeperAtTheHomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
These are the Texas laws :(:mad::he:rant

It would cost $110 since I'm under 10 acres . I made a mistake in my original post...10 events are permitted with the $110, meaning 10 trips to farmers market, etc, but if I use up those 10 and want more it's $50 for another "block" (booklet thing) of 10. So, not quite as costly as I thought at first but still ridiculous. And, the inspection every three years still stands. I'm not fond of the idea of some agent being at my house.

I would love to homestead elsewhere, but it's not possible. We're leaving our current location to move back to Texas to homestead. :hit
IMG_20190219_094805.jpg
IMG_20190219_094816.jpg

KeeperAtTheHomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can bet your bottom dollar that the corrupt politicians will find a way to get their hands into the cookie jar. Of course, it's all done by under the cloak of "protection."

I feel as if the following quotes apply to all laws that intrude upon our freedoms ( such as making a small profit of flowers we paid for and labored over).
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." -Thomas Jefferson

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves. - Henry David Thoreau

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The sole reason my state issues nursery permits is to track and avoid the spread of several insects and diseases . Otherwise they don't care.

KeeperAtTheHomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The sole reason my state issues nursery permits is to track and avoid the spread of several insects and diseases . Otherwise they don't care.

That's the reason Texas does as well. One has to wonder what pioneers did before the AG Dept was aorund to babysit thigns. I mean, they moved cross country carrying their plants and seeds with them/trading locally whereever they stopped without oversight of any kind, and yet the plant world survived, wasn't overcome with pests and disease. The cloak of "protection" is an illusion.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The cloak of "protection" is an illusion.
Not totally. There are plenty of insects in certain parts of the country that are kept in bounds by the climate or the food source (or lack of). Move them somewhere else and they become invasive. Same thing with certain plants species.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They've kept chronic wasting disease in deer and emerald ash borers out of my state when they have issues in neighboring states so I'm ok with that I guess?