Rathbone: Eggs for Hatching, Eggs for Eating, Eggs, Eggs, Eggs

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What an absolutely beautiful eulogy you have written. I am so sorry you have lost your yang.

I am like you- I've always been the safe one, that didn't want to take risks; my best friend is also like Tammy. I always envied the courage I saw in her to do things I would never dare to do alone. I always felt that I was a hanger-on, if you understand me; I couldn't understand why someone like that would like me. But one time, my girlfriend explained that she loved me because I was the rock she could find balance on.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Oh, I can relate to this, too. So sorry for your loss, as it sounds like the world has lost a shining star. I am sure the heavens are shining brighter because of her.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
"the rock she could find balance on". yes I like that.
and regarding the heavens shining brighter...I am not sure that hell isn't burning a whole lot brighter. Just kidding. She was a WILD WOMAN if I ever met one. And if she can hear me - she would laugh at my saying she might have gone to hell.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Sorry your friend passed. :hugs Some people really know how to live every moment as they go through life. It sounds like she was one of them. It's good that she had you for a friend.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
What a wonderful memorial. She sounds like quite a gal! She will always live in your memory and now she will live on in all who have read your words.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Everyone needs a friend like Tammy :) I am glad you two had a good friendship, and sorry for her passing. :hugs to you and the family.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
What a wonderful memorial! I'm so sorry that you lost your friend but happy that you had her for awhile!!!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So...I made a new apron. Well actually, you know that silly line of reasoning where the woman buys a new couch, which makes her think the carpet looks too worn and so she replaces it and realizes that the walls are looking pretty bad and so she paints...
Okay, well it started with new curtains for my kitchen. I chose a lightweight cotton print - white with sprigs of small cherries all over. I did a band of black and white gingham a the top and a band of black and white polka dots at the bottom.
And it was beautiful. My walls are plain white. My floor is black and white diamond linoleum. My door is an eye-popping red. Fixtures are all old white enamel with lots of black trim. Large hand thrown black pottery. The new curtains sort of brought everything together. In fact I liked it so much....suddenly my faded cream and pink apron stood out like a sore thumb hanging there on its hook. It looked downright grubby. Suddenly I couldn't stand to look at it.

I went and rummaged through the scraps. Just enough to make an apron. And so I did.

2468_cherryapron1.jpg

I think I might be the only person I know who made an apron to match her kitchen. Nah, probably not.