Rats!

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In my area those are felony charges....AND...animal control is sometimes over zealous! It's part of police department. Very active units here!!
When people actually care and are paid too do this kind of work they are doing their duty right, I really admire these sort, you can't ever be too over zealous imo.

Here they let these people move on and these animal's will be left for days and possibly used for dog fights if they don't breed anymore, or if their pups are runts.

I'm deeply sickened by this system apathy and indifference.
We have shows here showing rescues but don't actually see it happening in real life. When you call they keep telling you too call somewhere else until you give up

I've lived in various parts of this country and seen this too many times, I'm not young so can't see it ever changing, not in my lifetime :(

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Peanut butter is easier to deal with and covers the baking soda taste better. Mix the baking soda with it. Easy to put out globs of peanut butter and baking soda.

It takes a long time to kill rats with baking soda. I'm talking days to weeks of them eating the bait before they die depending on how much they ingest at a time. That's the big reason this isn't a recommended pest control method.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you're on youtube there is Shawn Woods channel where he shows various kinds of traps and i hate to say that for some time i was getting a lot of vicarious enjoyment watching mouse trap videos because they were causing so much damage and annoyance here (when i could not find out where they were getting into the walls of the house and making noises at night which would wake me up). i also have to say that it can be very addictive to watch those videos...

by watching his videos i learned a lot about mouse behaviors i'd not have learned otherwise.

through trapping i also figured out that sometimes it wasn't mice that were the problem but shrews.

now the only mice i have to regularly contend with are outside but they still try at times to chew their way in or i have to trap a stray one that manages to get into the garage. they do try to get into the AC unit and the crawlspace entrance as their is the neighboring berm with rocks and trees so i have to trap at times there to keep the population down and also keep an eye on things and trap through the winter if i see a lot of tracks around the house or those areas.

since i tiled the walls and ceiling of the old garden shed (and sealed the door better) i've not had any more problems in there. nothing for them to eat in there any more either. it's become Mom's fabric for quilting storage area and all the garden shed stuff is now in the garage for the most part so that's much more accessible for me to get at things too instead of trying to get them out of that narrow shed.