Raw milk people check out this article re: Listeria

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Where's the like button. I'm loving what you are all saying. :thumbsup and good for some cheer :lol:
Me, too. I just needed a little pep talk I guess.

*SD runs around saying, "I'm drinking RAW milk! :weee*

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
abifae said:
:D

I may not have OFG's talent, but glad I could get my point across!
aww.....

but baby, you're the best!

*hugs Abi and kisses her on the forehead *

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
aww.....

but baby, you're the best!

*hugs Abi and kisses her on the forehead *
:love

Thanks!!! Back atcha! :hugs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
remember one thing tho, what an adult can handle in there system is not the same sometimes for children.

if I eat 'raw' I do it myself. I don't 'actually' trust others to handle my raw things....lol

the more animals in one spot, the more production in one spot etc can easily lead to communicable and widespread disease quickly.

so us SS'ers are best to keep it on the farm like more of the older times lol

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We use the ducks swimming water for the vegetable garden, flowers and trees now ever since we got them two years ago... does wonders for every thing... The chicken poo goes in the garden also and is tilled in every so often... our back yard grass is nice and green... Will use the duck water next year on the fruit trees if I can figure out which ones I want to order...

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
remember one thing tho, what an adult can handle in there system is not the same sometimes for children.

if I eat 'raw' I do it myself. I don't 'actually' trust others to handle my raw things....lol

the more animals in one spot, the more production in one spot etc can easily lead to communicable and widespread disease quickly.

so us SS'ers are best to keep it on the farm like more of the older times lol
True but misleading.

Children can and do handle what an adult does provided they have been exposed early; can't just blast the system out of the blue for big people or little ones. Farm kids are one example that shows the truth of bug exposure in children. This includes virus's like the flu; not just food born bacteria.

More animals in one spot causing a higher likely hood of contamination? Yes, if its a cafo. No if it is not; much less likely than dead animals from the grocery store getting together on some ones kitchen counter or in a cluttered, uncleaned, refridgerator with leftovers from 3 weeks ago and meat stored above the veggies. How about those reusable grocery bags; major x contamination going on there.

Don't trust some one to handle your raw things? Just plain smart. Do your homework and everyone wins.

Want me to keep my product on the farm like in older times? They didn't. Even Pa Ingalls sold his excess. People have to get their food from somewhere and not everyone has a farm; especially in modern times.