Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
IMG_20180722_201558.jpg

@frustratedearthmother

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of you when I saw it, FEM! A friend posted the link on FB and I spotted it scrolling through there. It looks and sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It does! I've been making mashed cauliflower with cream cheese but this looks so much better!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been reading through some of these recipes for inspiration. Really makes me miss Sumi... :(

Since it's almost resolution time I thought we'd maybe ease into it a bit.

Last night we had a version of a chicken veggie casserole. Shredded chicken, broccoli, sautéed beech mushrooms, and garlic flavored cauliflower rice. I added some softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar. I put two toasted pieces of a lower carb bread (9 carbs per slice) stirred it all around and baked it until it started browning nicely on top. I topped mine with some Tony Chachere's and lotsa black pepper. DH sprinkled his with habanero dust...yikes! Pretty tasty!

For dessert we tried my version of this:

Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
Sweet and creamy, this low carb peanut butter mousse will help you keep those cravings at bay!
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. In a medium bowl, whip the 1/2 cup of cream until it holds stiff peaks. Set aside.
  2. In another medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Add the sweetener and vanilla. If your peanut butter is unsalted, add a pinch of salt as well. Beat until smooth.
  3. If your mixture is overly thick, add about 2 tbsp heavy cream to lighten it and beat until combined.
  4. Gently fold in the whipped cream until no streaks remain. Spoon or pipe into little dessert glasses.
  5. Drizzle with a little low carb chocolate sauce, if desired.
At my house recipes are a 'suggestion' not a rule. So, I used about half the peanut butter and more whipped cream and cream cheese. It worked out well. It's a really rich dessert so a little goes a long way!

Latest posts