Really Really bad neighbor problem help please!!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
theres sarcasm and dry wit and just plain crule...that deainftly past the apropriate meter for sarcasm...
(unfortunatly ive seen what happens first hand...*shudder*)

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He apologized so let's just get back on topic, instead of continuing to berate him, ok?

Thanks!

BrandedX

Power Conserver
Reaction score
While I of course didn't purposefully intend to offend anybody, nor would I ever actually employ nor condone actually doing so, I do apologize for being a bit crude in my attempt at levity.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
BrandedX said:
While I of course didn't purposefully intend to offend anybody, nor would I ever actually employ nor condone actually doing so, I do apologize for being a bit crude in my attempt at levity.
:thumbsup

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No worries Branded X! :hugs

We're all human and I'm sure this wasn't the first time someone meant something to be funny only to have others that didn't see it that way. ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yep, it happens. No need to beat anyone up over it. I've probably said things that were funny to me, but not seen as funny by others.

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. We live on a dead end gravel road in the country. So not only does my neighbor walk her dogs off leash but so do random people from in town. My landlord has seen a fight between the dogs. They can not tell between playing and fighting. But anyhow they did finally talk to the neighbor. She has agreed to keep him on a leash as she walks passed my house. Not the whole road just passed us. If this works great if not I don't know. We can't put any fenced up at all. Had to wheel and deal to get my dog run. I have thought about a invisible fence but that won't keep them out just my dogs in. Which is a good thing in it's own right. Our new dog is an idiot. I really hope this works.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would move.In the meantime I would SSS the dogs that are a threat.No one should ever allow their dogs to roam,and if they know there is a problem it is obvious they do not care if they continue to allow it. I think it is shameful for a person to continue *as is* until someone or something gets hurt.

My dog was once attacked in OUR yard by a neighbors husky that got lose. The owners paid a $400 vet bill,and I swore( to myself) that if the dog ever came back it would not leave. Thankfully the owner has kept the dog controlled. Having that dog attack made me realise how stupid I had been to approach ANY dog that wandered in my yard. I always told my kids not too,and here I was trying to catch dogs and reunite them with owners. Lesson learned. Dogs not bonded to you can be a danger.Even your own can be a risk in certain situations.

Keep a bat and/or some bear mace spray handy to defend yourself.Dogs attacking will attack YOU if you try to stop them. Stun gun is even better. I don't understand why the neighbor thinks limited leash is going to work. A dog on a mission will not stop when you yell for it to do so.

Good luck with the neighbor and your landlord.I would sue them both if anyone gets hurt or killed.....but prevention is my preference.