Receipe for tobasco style sauce

hiker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how to make the red type pepper sauce? I know that it probably wont be exact, but I have got peppers coming out of my ears and my son LOVES hot sauce.

:p

hiker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wife- Can I use a combo of jalapenos and thai chilis? I would think that it would be OK.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I swap out different types of peppers all the time. Go for it!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Real tabasco is aged for 3 years in oak casks. Instead of doing that, you can make fermented Sriracha sauce. It is delicious. I recently gave some to a guy that used to be an executive chef who really loves hot food. He gave it a thumbs up!

http://www.vietworldkitchen.com/blo...cha-chile-sauce-recipe-tuong-ot-sriracha.html
My husband LOVES that sauce, he practically drinks it and put it on just about everything he eats. We call it "rooster sauce" because that is what our Thai friend (RIP) called it, "rooster sauce". There is a rooster on the bottle, I guess that is why.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh thanks Wife,

I love,love love this stuff, use it all the time. sure can zip up a bowl of noodles. It's great added to all kinds of stuff.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Yes, my hubby adds it to EVERYTHING! I served him pizza last night and he put it on THAT! :sick

S

sunsaver

Fill a mason jar about 3/4 way to the top with hot peppers, any kind will do, but tobasco peppers are my favorite. Fill up to the level of the peppers with 5% acid distilled white vinegar. Fill remainder 1/3 with salt water, about like the taste of the ocean, pretty salty. Put the contents in a blender or food processor and process on high for 60 seconds. Pour contents back into a clean mason jar and put on a lid. Store in a cool dark place for a couple of weeks. Pour off excess clear liquid that has separated to the top of the jar. Transfer hot sauce to a hot sauce bottle. This will be hotter and better tasting than the real tobasco sauce which is aged and watered down.

Latest posts