Reconsidering cat ownership...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That would drive me to more than a slap around the head… Seriously. At times like those an automatic, motion detection power shower could come in really, really handy… It could clean up the resulting mess too… handy ;)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Well, I figured the best solution to this problem is to move kitty outside, though I allow her to come in to sleep at night and put a litter tray down for her too. She's not allowed further than the bathroom.

Only problem is… She discovered I have 4 fun feathery play things (2-month old chicks) running around outside… I also have a fiercely protective LF OEG cock running around outside… I shooed her away from the chicks a few times before the cock decided enough is enough and beat the tar out of her. She was unhurt, thankfully, but can't get to anywhere near that bird now, or he attacks her. They're just going to have to figure out how to co-exist until we move...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hopefully the roo has made a strong impression on her and she'll learn her lesson! Any progress on the move??

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
She certainly did! She is avoiding the chickens completely now, all of them.

Not yet, but I'm hoping soon. I had a bit of a row with my brand new neighbour this afternoon. She has issues with my chickens, she's telling me they are carrying diseases etc and the rooster is noisy. I know the rooster is noisy and apologised for the disturbance, but thinking I'll let my child hang out with birds that carry salmonella?!? Sure…

I went over and spoke to her on Monday after she thought it fine to confront me and my friend in the street (very mature of her?) over the rooster crowing and we discussed it and I heard her out and told her me and the chickens will be gone soon… VERY soon, hopefully.

And it's only a matter of time before she finds out these houses are infested with mice and we'll see how long she lasts ;)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You guys are too funny! Actually these two houses (they are attached) were already housing a few rodents when we moved in and I've been battling them since, as said before elsewhere on the forum. Of course my landlady is blaming the chickens for attracting the mice lol

Latest posts