Redd peppers

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of "Muhammara" (spelling??), a middle eastern red pepper dip for pita, or on sandwiches, or whatever. Here's a recipe I found online:

Muhammara Indredients
* 3 red bell peppers
* 1 medium yellow onion, diced
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
* 3/4 cup walnuts, crushed
* 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, or 1 fresh Fresno chile, chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon cumin

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place whole red peppers on greased baking sheet. Roast for about 10-12 minutes, turning about every 4 minutes.

In the meantime, place breadcrumbs in food processor and add 2 tablespoons of cold water. Blend to make a puree. Add more water as needed.

Remove peppers from oven and peel off skin. Cut open and remove seeds. Cut into pieces and add to breadcrumbs mixture in food processor.

In a small saute pan, saute onions until lightly browned. Add sauteed onions and olive oil to food processor and blend to for a dip consistency.

Add remaining ingredients and blend, adding olive oil as needed.

Remove from processor and place in serving bowl. Serve with pita wedges, veggies, or even as a dipping sauce for kebabs.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I thnk I have had that before! I will keep that recipe on file--this batch of pepper has been processed--some for raw eatin', some for dehydrating, 4 that I'm stuffing tomorrow, and a bunch in the oven for puree.

But, I will be getting more. maybe I can make some of that stuff and give it back to my moms friend for her generosity!!!