Reducing expenses

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Well, you could always gum your food, or throw it into a blender and chop it up real small.......:hide
Ok...now what about the dog? Blender it too? :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That would be cruel as well as a bit messy!

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
nope, wouldn't want to live without either! :)
you all are funny. :D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I started my grocery shopping list spreadsheet. We spent $154.09 on groceries in January, including beer. I saved $58.16 by shopping for loss leaders. I saved more by shopping at ALDI for a few things. I didn't calculate savings by going to a different store.

:woot

I'm pretty happy with this. I am planning for another shopping trip this week. I have to go before Saturday - there is a loss leader sale (milk, chicken) that is totally worth the trip.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I started my grocery shopping list spreadsheet. We spent $154.09 on groceries in January, including beer. I saved $58.16 by shopping for loss leaders. I saved more by shopping at ALDI for a few things. I didn't calculate savings by going to a different store.

:woot

I'm pretty happy with this. I am planning for another shopping trip this week. I have to go before Saturday - there is a loss leader sale (milk, chicken) that is totally worth the trip.
Wow! You only spent $154.09 on groceries for a whole month?! That's awesome. Great work.

I'm kindof afraid to figure out how much we spent. I was doing a lot of "stocking up".

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Am webmaster for SB equine evac as of 5 mins ago! Twitter, Facebook and webpage :) Volunteer position, but one more for my resume!! Another business in town is looking to hire me!!

:D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My fiance called the cable/internet company to switch to their basic plans. They gave us $20-ish/month off our current service. Sweet!

Then we took a weekend trip to Minneapolis/St. Paul. He gave me $150 @ Mall of America. I spent about $100. I got a running coat I've been wanting (retail $140, I got it for $30). A couple bits of things at a scrapbooking store that I knew I couldn't find locally. And Victoria's Secret :cool:

I'm not sure how much it cost. We saved on a hotel by getting out of the city. I let my fiance loose in a Cabela's (dangerous! :lol: )

I noticed that I get a pair of glasses at no cost to me (LOVE my insurance!). So I went in for exams today. Spent a little extra to get contacts prescription...

My fiance is buying a business and pulled 70K out of one of his retirement accounts. :/ That one is going to hurt!

Not so much "reducing expenses" happening this month!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Am webmaster for SB equine evac as of 5 mins ago! Twitter, Facebook and webpage :) Volunteer position, but one more for my resume!! Another business in town is looking to hire me!!

:D
:thumbsup Congratulations! You are so right - even volunteer work counts on that resume.