Released 24 hours after surgery - and chasing goats 24 hrs after that

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:) I am so glad you got it done and are home already! That's amazing that you were able to be scheduled so quickly...:)

SheriM said:
The surgery went very well, but I had a less than pleasant experience in the OR. ...... Not a pleasant way to go under, I can tell you.
I had an unpleasant OR experience too....twenty years ago, my son needed to be delivered by emergency C-section...and I was still awake when the idiot doctor made the incision! :somad I have never forgotten it...unable to speak or move to tell them that I wasn't under yet.

I'm scheduled for an excisional biopsy on Thursday...supposedly benign, but then the surgeon said that she finds about half of women with my condition end up cancerous. I didn't need to hear THAT at this point...:hide

Feel better soon,

Leanne

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OMG, Cybercat, your OR experience must have been horrible! I can't imagine what that would have been like.

As for your biopsy, I'll be praying for you. Hang in there.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Get some rest and take good care of yourself. Glad to hear your home again. That sucks about the BP cuff, but glad you're ok now!

EweSheep

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank God the nurse saw that problem! If it was not for her, you would have been pretty miserable!

Glad you are OK!

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, surgery on Thursday, get home on Friday and Saturday morning, all the goats from the barnyard were milling around the front yard. :ep

Thankfully, all it takes is a bucket of pellets to get that gang to go where you want 'em. We had to fix the gate first, then I kept the goats at bay while DH got a pail of pellets and played pied piper. Once the goats were in, I realized only one of the guardian dog females was with them. The male is always loose in the yard but the females are confined with the goats. Because they've always been confined, they tend to take off when they get the chance...Ellie, especially. So, Ellie is nowhere to be found and neither is Smiley, the male. Those two took off once before when Ellie got out and they came back in about two hours but this time, Smiley didn't show up till around 3 p.m. and Ellie wasn't with him. I was really worried then, but she wandered in about half an hour later. Whew!!

And no, I didn't hurt myself dealing with 30 some-odd escaped goats. I know how to work within my limitations, but I sure will be glad to get this stupid drain out. Keep your fingers crossed that they'll do that tomorrow.

Latest posts