repairing leather

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My dd was petsitting her friends rabbit while they were on vacation. Well, this lil bunn put two holes in my leather sofa cushion.

Has anyone repaired leather before? the cushion is attached to the sofa, so it is not like I can take it in somewhere to be repaired. I'm a little intimidated by the process, and don't want to mess it up.

Any words of wisdom for me?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Honestly if it was me I would either put some duct tape or packing tape over it and call it good; or bite the bullet and take the whole sofa to a good leatherwork upholsterer (after finding out what if anything they could do and what proportion of the national debt it would cost)

Sorry, good luck,

Pat

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
A friend of mine here owned a mobile vehicle reconditioning business. He could repair leather in vehicles and restaurant booths. I know it's not a do-it-yourself suggestion but if you found something similar, might be less expensive than having an upholsterer do it. :idunno

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I callled a guy, (he has a mobile unit also, and he gave me a balll park figure of $100. We're gonna have to get it done though. Our last leather sofa lasted us 20 years. This one only 6 years old, It has a long life ahead of it, so we need to fix it. It will only get worse, especially the way my dd keeps moving around on the sofa, after I told her not to sit on that cushion!!!! :smack he can come on Wednesday.