Request for Hunting Section

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I vote for "Hunting and Fishing." I don't do either but it seems silly to have a self sufficiency site without including those 2 topics!
But could we please emphasize with those that post under that topic to please warn people in the title when something is graphic. I often read these posts on my lunchbreak and I really don't want to accidentally open a posting with a picture of a deer with it's guts hanging out, or something along those lines! :/

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
annmarie said:
I vote for "Hunting and Fishing." I don't do either but it seems silly to have a self sufficiency site without including those 2 topics!
But could we please emphasize with those that post under that topic to please warn people in the title when something is graphic. I often read these posts on my lunchbreak and I really don't want to accidentally open a posting with a picture of a deer with it's guts hanging out, or something along those lines! :/
Well if you click on a hunting thread you might see pics. Same as the meat bird section. I don't think they have to put graphic pic in the title.

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well if you click on a hunting thread you might see pics. Same as the meat bird section. I don't think they have to put graphic pic in the title.
True, but I usually click into the newest threads at the bottom of the page, which don't say what category they belong to. So it's easy to see a title like "Look what I got today" and I'd click into it thinking I'd see a picture of someone's new goat or chicken or wheelbarrow or butter churn, and instead, the dreaded deer with its guts hanging out! :eek:

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, we'll still need members to add in the "graphic pics" in the title just as a courtesy to everyone (plus, it often gets you more visits to that thread anyway) ;)

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
TADA!!

Thanks everyone for your ideas and constant feedback! We've got a new section:

Hunting & Fishing

If you see threads that need to be moved into this new section please hit the report link in the thread and ask us to move it to the hunting & fishing section.

Latest posts