Right Coasters - Batten Down the Hatches

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
MH, we're on that same line. They're calling for 3-6 inches in Philly, and 4-10 inches closer to the coast. I'm right about at the line.

I've done everything I could to get ready. My problem is I still have to go to the farm to care for my animals. I so want them at home.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stay safe and warm east coasters! Other than potential power outages due to wind, I think I'm in the clear on this one. I'm seeing 2-4" and 5-8". Either isn't going to be an issue for us up here. Animals are all inside with plenty of hay, grain and warm water until it's over.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MH, we're on that same line. They're calling for 3-6 inches in Philly, and 4-10 inches closer to the coast. I'm right about at the line.

I've done everything I could to get ready. My problem is I still have to go to the farm to care for my animals. I so want them at home.
I so identify with where you are with your animals. For years we lived in town and had land outside of town. Every day was a trip out to feed/water the horses. I so wanted to look out my back door and see the horses! Finally my dream came through and now I watch them kick up their heels out of my kitchen window.

Dreams do come true.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope everyone is OK. Remember if anyone has damage to buildings, etc... I have tools and will travel. I work cheap to, feed me and I'm a happy camper. I don't ever remember taking a "vacation" all vacations I've taken from work has revolved around getting something done.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My daughter / husband / 2 grandkids live in Summerville SC. They got 5" of snow - my grandkids are jumping for joy for snow and no school until Monday :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's snowing. They're calling for 5-8 inches of the white snot. Then it 's going to get even colder! I think I'm going to be putting out extra hay for the horses over the weekend. They're calling for it to get to -4* one night w/a high in the teens.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
NH -- ? ? ? Are we getting a "snow baby" ??

Well. guys, the storm was right on top of my area when I got up at 6. WINDY. 40-50 along coast. I'm 50 miles inland, so 20-25 mph which brings the 24 temps into mid teens. They say we will be in single dig tonight with -4 to -7 with winds. Haven't had this cold in over 90 yrs, they say. Personally, I didn't want it now! At this point I have power & hope to keep it but, areas along coast with urban housing do have outages.
Trees & ice creating most downed systems. Road crews out (per news) but it's blowing in as fast as they scrape it off.

Got about 8-10 inches. With the winds there are drifts 18+ and some areas with only 2". Weird to work thru. Animals were all snuggled in and minis are just starting to wander out @9. Naturally, the goats are just LOOKING out. :lol:

My dog is a 10# Min-pin, so I have yellow snow on the front porch! She's belly deep in it -- and looked for the steps -- which are not defined right now. :D

It's bowing out and you guys up North are next. Expect more snow as the storm navigates over more water. It's a snow filled NorEaster.