Name:
Birthday:
RockyToggRanch journal

Hometown: Oswego NY
Current Residence: Altmar NY
Relationship Status: Married :/
Political Views: N/A
Religious Views: Don't ask unless you really want to know

Activities: full time work, full time hobby farm, full time gardener, soap business on the side... then comes mom and wife.

Interests: being self sufficient and protecting myself and family

Favorite Music: no heavy metal or rap... flexible otherwise

Favorite TV Shows: how-to shows or cooking shows...otherwise don't waste my electric

Favorite Movies: see above

Favorite Books: Farm Journal Canning and Freezing cookbook

About Me:I'm 44, work ft as a multi store manager, have 3 grown children...youngest in college, live in a log home on 60 acres of forest...surrounded by state and county forest. Feel the need/instinct to be totally self sufficient in the very near future.
My best friends are 2 senior horses, 6 toggenburg goats (soon to dbl:) a dz chickens, a dz guineas, a peacock, 4 cats and 2 dogs.

My husband helps with my homesteading only if/when he has to..."That's your thing"... he says. He works at a paper mill and has crazy shifts..(also has 16 wks off a yr). I manage 10 stores and have 3 wks off...but that's a blog all in itself:)

I love canning, cheese making, gardening, and soap making...

I'm pretty boring:)

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
RockyToggRanch said:
My husband helps with my homesteading only if/when he has to..."That's your thing"... he says. He works at a paper mill and has crazy shifts..(also has 16 wks off a yr). I manage 10 stores and have 3 wks off...but that's a blog all in itself:)
Gee, that sounds awfully familiar. :/ ;)

:welcome

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i dont think you sound boring - you sound like one of us! welcome!

:)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey RockyT.... :welcome Doesn't sound boreing to me...you sound pretty busy!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Boring???? Not to me....sounds fascinating!!!

Remember, here, you are not among your usual acquaintances who don't want to hear yet another cute goat story. We want to hear them all, and will demand pictures! Yep, we never tire of pictures. Bring 'em on. I don't have time to open every thread, but if the title changes to "pictures!" I always open it and ooo and ahhh!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

Your DH sounds like mine. He used to help more but his work commute is 3.5 hrs per day and lately has had to put in close to 60 hours per week. So he really can't help. He's also getting less and less interested in the animals.