rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I was thinking the same, 2x3 would be easier for you to move, if needed. Post some pics when you got them done and planted. (Borrow the BF's phone for pics if needed ;)) That mother and son date night sounds like it was fun!

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've been doing some research on different gardening styles and I think I like Permaculture the best. An it makes sense because my favorite YouTube channel is Justin Rhodes. They are all about Permaculture which I think is awesome because being able to have a substantial food source and less work.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who is this Justin Rhodes guy? I hear his name all the time. I don't have good enough internet to watch videos either.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A friend of mine does permaculture gardening. I'll see if I can get her over here to share some wisdom and tips.
Thanks that would help a lot it will still be a wile before I start because I want to have my own property first.
Who is this Justin Rhodes guy? I hear his name all the time. I don't have good enough internet to watch videos either.
He has a site called Abundant Permaculture and helps educate people about Permaculture farming. And right now he and his family are traveling around the country visiting farms and sharing them on there vlog.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I so wanted to do that and write a book about it. What an idea stealer lol! I'm kidding, obviously, but I did have that idea!
I'll check his site out!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Any building going on around you? Often wood the size you need is in the trash pile. Or any shops with free pallets? A building or fence taken down, trash pile?

Glad the date night went well!!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like to watch Justin Rhodes on YouTube. His children are so cute.