rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your milk will likely come in better since this is your second child. Hope it works out for you to continue to breastfeed.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Have you met with a lactation consultant? If not, I highly recommend it. The more you supplement, the less likely you will be able to produce enough milk to meet her needs. If she still seems hungry, feed her again in an hour. Alternating sides? In other words, start on left at first feeding, finish with right. At the next feeding, start on the right, and finish with the left. Of course, you will be following the recommendation of your doc and lactation consultant in all matters pertaining to her feeding. I wish you the best.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have a public health center out here that has a program where they have a nurse come to your house when during your pregnancy to answer questions that you have between doctor visits. Then after your baby is born they will come and do a color check and check there weight and development. One of the nurses is also a lactation consultant so I can talk to her, otherwise I would have to drive to a different town with all my questions.

So tonight and tomarrow is going to be the real test. Ron works tomorrow morning so I'm going at it alone tonight. (He has been helping me every night since she was born, holding her while I get ready to breastfeed changing her diaper, waking me up when she is hungry so I can get more sleep.) The nice thing is we have a friend that is going to picking up the little man and take him to school tomarrow and Tuesday so I don't have to take Aubrey out in the cold. (And I just realized his backpack and homework is still at the babysitters from when he stayed while I was in the hospital.)

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well we made it through the night and I think I'm more tired now then I was after I had her. (And I was up for over 30 hours.) Although Ron did end up helping me throughout the night. He would wake up and help calm her down so o could feed her then he would go back to sleep. So I was only alone after he left for work at 4:30.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It will get easier. She will eventually settle into a routine. You'll need to learn to let everything slide. Take care of only yourself and your baby, especially while your son is at school. When she naps, you MUST nap! At least for a while!!! Of course, you've been down this road before. But, you've never been down this road with 2 kids!

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll be honest its different for me to have this much support. With all the support from you guys and that I have here at home its nice.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Fun times today. I get to call my insurance and get Aubrey put on, so I get to be on hold for half of the day. (I have 6 weeks to put her on but with how long they put people on hold I might as well just get it over with.) I also need to make appointments for me and Aubrey for her 2 week checkup and my 6 week. Then i need to call and make appointments for the little man and Ron to get there flu shots. Make a wic appointment and a public health appointment (the hospital will send them a referral but for some reason that always takes a week or 2.) Then we get to go back up to the hospital today and get Aubrey's color check and weight to make sure she is growing right.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just cant get over how cute she is.
1021191033.jpg 1020191156.jpg
You can't tell that well from the pictures but she is way darker than me.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got everything but the wic appointment, Aubrey's 2 week appointment, and the flu shot appointments done. We even slipped in getting my breast pump. By the way Medicaid is the worst I was on the phon for over 2 hours just to add her to the insurance.

On a different note we are cosleeping because Aubrey is already spoiled and has to sleep right next to her dad. (Ron held her the entire time while she was sleeping in the hospital. It was also the only way I could get some sleep.) But I was coming up to bed after my shower and I saw this.
1021191958.jpg