rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ron and I were talking last night while I was struggling to get Aubrey to latch and we agreed on me pumping pretty much exclusively. We both feel like it'd be the best bet because I was in so much pain from her not being able to get a good latch. She also wasn't getting quite enough to satisfy her so this way at least we know she's getting enough food. Ron also gets to feed his little girl which is what he's looking forward to ever since I got pregnant.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So my little girl is a little pain in the butt today. She was good all day even when we where walking around the town for the downtown trick or treat (on the Friday before Halloween our town has a business trick or treat). Well she slept while we where walking around and then when we where about half a block from home she decided to wake up and be fussy. She was calm just long enough for me to pump then decided she didn't want to eat for me and screaming was fun. When Ron texted me to see how things where going I mentioned that she wouldn't sleep and was fussy. Well he came home from work to see if he could help and she calmed down and started eating when he held her (She is already a daddy's girl). He had to get back to work so he handed her off to me and left. When I finally got her to sleep she filed her diaper which woke her up. So I get her changed and back to sleep and she fills her diaper again. I love her but I also think she is the payback my parents said they hoped my kids would be.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So my mother-in-law will be here on Sunday and we are all excited. But we just found out Ron's oldest brother is coming out with her. So if they are staying at our house we have to figure out sleeping arrangements. :idunnoOur house is too small when it was just Ron's mom comming out my little man offered his bed which she still will probably be sleeping in but now we have one extra person. And I need to clean my house tomarrow so much to do.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think we are going to put him on the couch. But this is what the roads look like right now. 1026190935a.jpg
Fall in Wyoming is so fun.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i used to live in the UP of MI so any time after Sept 1st we were ready for whatever would come. i like all four seasons. right about when i'm tired of working on gardens and projects outside then things calm down and i can return to more reading or indoor things. i hope you are all safe there with your travels on such roads though. that was one thing i never liked about living up there. i know how to drive in bad weather i just didn't trust all the other people or the snow plow drivers... eek!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My second baby had a heck of a time latching for the first month or so. He was just too little! It got better! If her latch hurts you, get her checked out for a tongue tie ASAP. It's the main reason why nursing hurts and why a mother doesn't produce enough (because baby can't remove enough). Pumping is a great compromise until you can get some help! kellymom.com was my most valuable resource for breastfeeding both of mine. They were both so different! And 8 years a part so I forgot a lot too.

Latest posts