rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You got him a piglet? Oh my word, that's awesome :love

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No its my boyfriend's sisters but if I can convince my boyfriend we will get one

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So on the subject of livestock I have my boyfriend sold on poultry well chickens and maybe turkeys at least. Possibly goats and a pig (he has helped his brother with there pigs for about 3 years now), and we might get rabbits but he wont let me rise them for meat. Its a small win for me but a win.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll have to run selling them buy him I think he just wants them as pets right now but maybe if I can show him what we would make it will change his mind.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If you start with show-quality breeding stock of a breed that is either very cute or otherwise high demand, you can get prices $60 even up into hundreds (very high demand for some). If you have generic mix rabbits, it's more like $5 - 10, and that's if you're lucky.

Mistakes (and "mistakes") are pretty easy with rabbits. It's easy to get the wrong gender if you're buying them young. (Buyer beware: always sex a rabbit before you buy!). So you might accidentally or "accidentally" end up with too many rabbits. ;) :gig

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well looks like I'm going to have to start researching rabbit breeds at least that's one livestock animal that I can have in town so I can start them once I get into a place where I can have pets. (Lovell is wired we can have "livestock" in town as long as they stay under 80 lbs, chickens can be in town till they start laying eggs.) And it looks like we will be going to the fair to see what breeds are popular around here.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well this big beautiful pumpkin is about to become pumpkin puree
20171109_174508.jpg