rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I didn't get as much done as I wanted but I still got somethings done that I wanted. Got the washr cleaned well at least cleaner then it was.
Before
20180113_142100.jpg
After
20180113_183421.jpg

Got some laundry done and some banana bread made and dinner done.
Harvest pumpkin soup for dinner it turned out pretty good.
20180113_182026.jpg

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It was so good and such a simple recipe a large onion and a large potato cooked in 2 tablespoons of butter till onions are translucent add 4 and a half cups chicken broth and bring to boil reduce and simmer till potatoes are tender add pumpkin puree (i used homemade) blend then heat to boil reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes then add half a pint of heavy cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg heat through.
I'm really looking forward to being able to make this almost completely off my own land.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So let' just add to the chaos of the begening of the year. I'm about moved out of my place all I really have to do is clean. But today around 2 we are going to go look at a bigger place to rent, apparently we really like to move around.
On another note we started gardening today. My little man has been wanting to plant the seeds he kept from his pumpkin. So I went and got a bag of potting soil and he planted them in a pot in the kitchen. If they don't grow it's not really a loss we don't have the room for pumpkins but if they grow we will figure it out