rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got some more plants started. The ones in the back are the plants my little man started.

Attachments

• 20200412_105227.jpg
    20200412_105227.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 252

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So a little update on everything. The garden didn't do goog this year. I got 5 tomatos off of 4 plants, 3 zucchini of of 6 plants and 1 pepper off of 12 plants. But the grapes and herbs did amazing. And because we have amazing friends we got a box of Chili Peppers.
20200911_175755.jpg20200911_170642.jpg
I also took my field test for hunters safety today and passed so I can get a deer this year. And ron got a elk tag this year and he is going our on Sunday.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The best part of this is we will be able to get chickens now that the town allows them. So now I'm trying to figure out the best place to have them. As well as planing garden beds, fencing, walkways, and all that lovely stuff. I want to put them by the garden but were the garden is going is by the grill and fire pit. But at the same time it is one of the best places because it gets shade it's also closest to the door making them easier to take care of.

We are planing on fencing in the entire back yard. I want a privacy fence but price wise it will most likely be t-post and welded wire till we can get something better. Really all it needs to do is contain a hyper dog and his little partner in crime. This way my dog can have the run of the yard while we are at work (he is on a chain right now while I'm at work or when he goes out) and during the summer we can leave the back door open and let the kids and the dog have free run.

Garden wise apparently I am getting raised beds and the flower beds are all getting extended. The front flower bed is going to get cleaned up and i might pull it out a bit more to go along the fence. The side flower bed is going to get a more extensive extension. We are planing on ripping out the eddging and widening the bed by about a foot to the edge of the path that we are going to replace.