rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't know what kind I have but it has been doing good on our 90 ro 100 days

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wonderful looking broccoli! I don't know why I didn't plant any, I love them. In S.A. we grew them in winter only, as our summers were brutal.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll make sure I do. We won't be moving for another year or two at the least we need to save up some more money. But some of the things we are looking for are at least a couple acres outside of town, 3 bedrooms, and a 1 and a half bath. Those are the things that would break it for us.
It would be a plus to have a garage or any out buildings but we can build them. We are also willing to do some renovations and upgrades so we can look at some established properties.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Looking would give you a good idea of what is available out there, what are good prices, etc. Go look at properties that fit your criteria too, just to get an idea of what you can expect when the time comes. Estate agents are used to "lookers", they won't mind. And sellers should expect them! lol We had about 50 before we sold our place… I hope the perfect place will come up for you guys when you're ready.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I'm doing a little experiment my boyfriend wants brownies and it's been too hot so I haven't wanted to cook. I'm trying to cook them in one of our vehicles.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So I'm doing a little experiment my boyfriend wants brownies and it's been too hot so I haven't wanted to cook. I'm trying to cook them in one of our vehicles.
It will take awhile, but it may work? lol I remember a much loved comedian in South africa years ago, frying eggs on a car's bonnet when it got hot..